Chocoholic Yo-yo dieter seeks friends and support

Joined site on Thursday and am very impressed! Cant believe all this is free! Finding it quite difficult to stick to calorie limit as probably not doing enough exercise. Trying to fit more in and thinking of joining a gym soon. Would love to hear from any other members from anywhere in the world. I live in Yorkshire (Halifax) UK and am a 44 year old ex smoker who has struggled with my weight on and off for years. Would ideally like to loose around 4st (56lbs) but would be happy with any progress in the right direction! Wish everyone on MFP lots of success on their journeys. x

Replies

• orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    you can add me as freind. I have been up and down in my weight a lot. This way at mfp seems best for me so far. The only thing I miss on this site is spell check.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    bottom line is that chocolate needs to be limited to a small square a day and be within your calorie allowance. Otherwise you are stopping yourself from having good food.

If you know that you can only have a small square, you will savour every morsel and make it last so long.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    OMG, I think we are twins!
    I am 44 and quit smoking last year (January 16th was my one year anniversary...yay me!)
    As my twin, drink more water. Really. When I get the urge to eat, drink water. I pee all the time, but I'm able to keep my caloric goal. :laugh:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    bottom line is that chocolate needs to be limited to a small square a day and be within your calorie allowance. Otherwise you are stopping yourself from having good food.

If you know that you can only have a small square, you will savour every morsel and make it last so long.

Limiting chocolate to your calorie allowance is very good advice.

You can have more than one square. You can have an entire bar. No need to deprive yourself.
  • rlc998903
    rlc998903 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello I am new here, can anyone tell me how to request a friend with just the first and last name? I do not have the email address.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Hello I am new here, can anyone tell me how to request a friend with just the first and last name? I do not have the email address.

Click on invite friends, then click on find member.
    That sounds funny.
  • I joined MFP Tues, and I love it! When I want to induldge in a bunch of chocolate I just remember my goals! It seems to help. Feel free to add me, I would love to offer support, motivation and encouragement. We are all in this together ;)
  • rlc998903
    rlc998903 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks much!