It really is possible

timragan
timragan Posts: 117 Member
Its been a great week so far. We closed on a house purchase (patiently waiting on sellers to get it together for 3+ months), reconnected via email with a very large friend (600+ lbs) and tip toed into the weight loss topic to talk about what I am doing only to find that he has lost 87 lbs over the last 4 months, and I weighed in 7.7 lbs lighter than lasts Mondays check in.

I started out at 426 lbs and am at 353. Over the last decade I had gotten to a place where I did not think I would ever be able to deal with this problem. I still have at least 100 lbs to go but I now KNOW that I can do it. My very large friend can do it. We all can.

He and I agreed to get together soon and split a carrot. You guys and gals are all invited.

Keep the faith.

Tim

Replies

• timragan
    Its been a great week so far. We closed on a house purchase (patiently waiting on sellers to get it together for 3+ months), reconnected via email with a very large friend (600+ lbs) and tip toed into the weight loss topic to talk about what I am doing only to find that he has lost 87 lbs over the last 4 months, and I weighed in 7.7 lbs lighter than lasts Mondays check in.

I started out at 426 lbs and am at 353. Over the last decade I had gotten to a place where I did not think I would ever be able to deal with this problem. I still have at least 100 lbs to go but I now KNOW that I can do it. My very large friend can do it. We all can.

He and I agreed to get together soon and split a carrot. You guys and gals are all invited.

Keep the faith.

Tim
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Congratulations on your weight loss! Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member

Keep the faith.

Tim

You say you started out at 426? You've lost a lot already! You need to go back in to the "check-in" feature at the bottom and make a past entry with the weight you started, the 426. You deserve to see just how much you've lost everytime you see that ticker. You are an inspiration!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    :wink:
  • timragan
    Done! Thanks for the comment.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Tim I love your positive attitude :smile:

This is your year sir...this is YOUR year!!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    WOW!!! You're an inspiration--Congrats! And don't stop, keep going!
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    YIPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy that everything is going so well for you. Life can be sooooooo good when things just seem to fall into place. enjoy:smile:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    go tim we are sooo proud of you I know I am what an inspiration, and a better gift is you got your health NOTHING can replace that feeling!!!! Keep it up!!!
  • supersaver
    supersaver Posts: 39 Member
    You're doing great! It's wonderful that you could encourage our friend, too. Keep up the good work! You are an inspiration to those who think they will never be a healthy size.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Congratulations:flowerforyou: I could bring some bell peppers to the party and some cucumbers:drinker:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    I :heart: hearing stories like this!! Awesome job:drinker: I'm so glad for your friend too!:happy:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    You are an inspiration. Truly we are so glad to have you and share in this journey with you. We are all behind you.:bigsmile:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Keep up the good work and stay in touch.
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Tim!!! You are awsome:smooched: Just think of the new life you are working towards. A whole new world is going to open up for you, and it is going to be so exciting. We are all so proud of you.

:heart:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Rock on Tim!!! Woo woo!!!

I'm so glad to hear from you bro, the weight you have already lost is no joke at all. I'm proud of you dude!!!

Please keep us updated, and I look forward to seeing you around!

-J
  • frankp
    frankp Posts: 83
    Awesome, 80 lbs is great and you truly proved to yourself already that you can do the additional 100 lbs.

Your accomplishment is inspirational. Congrats

Frank
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!