Christmas Fitness Challenge Check in ~ November 28

Options
NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Another day down. Where does the time go?! Just keep at it everyone. With determination and persistance along with support and accountability from our friends here we will all make our fitness goals through this challenge.

Last night I rode my bike for 30 min at high intensity during the Biggest Loser. Didn't get my weights in again :frown: but if I do them today and tomorrow I will almost have made my strength training goal for the week (3 out of 4 would be better than I have been doing). Come on guys - tell me to get off my bum and get them done!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Another day down. Where does the time go?! Just keep at it everyone. With determination and persistance along with support and accountability from our friends here we will all make our fitness goals through this challenge.

Last night I rode my bike for 30 min at high intensity during the Biggest Loser. Didn't get my weights in again :frown: but if I do them today and tomorrow I will almost have made my strength training goal for the week (3 out of 4 would be better than I have been doing). Come on guys - tell me to get off my bum and get them done!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I did my Pilates yesterday and rode my stationary bike til I had gobbled up almost 1,000 calories. This morning I took my measurements again, the first time being 11/19. Overall, in 9 days I managed to work off 11 inches! This was a HUGE moral booster as I only lost a little over a pound last week. I also did my exercise for today-worked out on the Bowflex & rode my bike again. Onward & downward!!!:wink:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    11 inches, that's incredible! Good for you! :happy:

Nicole - have you tried just doing one strength exercise when you don't have time (or don't feel like doing) the entire workout. My husband ends his bike routine with sit-ups. So drop and give me 20 right now :tongue: Strength training doesn't have to be all in a row. Do what you can, when you can, or better yet, every time you can.

Yesterday, I tried doing the weights before cardio. I could lift a lot more weight. I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be. It's hard to work until failure and know what that is. After doing 25 minutes, I went to the elliptical and did 30 minutes, then the treadmill at 1 mile. I actually did a 1 minute jog without getting winded. I really, really, hate jogging, but I wanted to see what I could do.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yea! Mary can be our drill sargeant! I need one. Going to do those sit ups right now, so you better too nicole.~karen
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Long time no chat... I've been super busy with company in town for the last 2 weeks. Although I have maintained my exercise, I've been a BIG SLACKER with food. I'm scared to even get on the scale. So I've decided that today I'm back on track! I went to a killer 1 hr spin class this morning and I'm planning on taking my dog for a long walk later today. I'm cleaning house right now and I'm going to eat healthy and drink lots of water all day.

I'm so happy to be back online with everyone. I've missed you all.
  • kjllose
    Options
    glad to see you are back Katie!
  • MALU6886
    Options
    hi everyone.:flowerforyou:
    today is my third day . i power walked today for 15 miutes incl. 5 min uphill . i know is to less ,but you dont know how my legs , back and bum are hurting .didnt wanted to go at all this .morning:ohwell:
    in the afternoon I am going again so help me god:heart:
    oh yeah ...... I lost 3 lbs .... maybe that was the reason that I still went for my walk .
    I wish all of you best of luck .I know how hard it is to succeed . but together we are strong .
    :bigsmile: UNITED WE STAY
    UNITED WE LOSE:drinker:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Kjllose, GREAT new picture!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Yesterday.....nothing! Slept, lazy, ate chocolate
  • MALU6886
    Options
    poor thing
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yesterday 90 minutes biking in hills
  • kjllose
    Options
    Thanks Katie, way to go Malu, keep on trucking! Was at a friend's today so no walking today, did a half hour of strength training. Mostly abs work but did some pushups also. Maybe more tonight. Man I don't want to even think about hiking, it snowed here and it is all slippery, can't afford a broken leg lol Cmon Deanea, you can do it, just put one foot in front of the other and go,go,go! See ya all tomorrow.:bigsmile:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    yeah my harder cardio days are not like they used to be! I have found a magic thing called a tensor though that helps me put a little more wieght though, recumbant bike is the Hard cardio now.....
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    40 minute walk
    45 minute spin class
    30 minutes of weights.

off to the hot bathtub...:flowerforyou: