1300 calories!?

Ok, today my fiance hosted a "sports day" to honour this years Olympics at his school! (he's a phys-ed teacher) It was for all kids grades kindergarten to grade 8 and he had the highschool kids running it (it's a K-12 school). I went in with help to help run and organize everything. Long story short, I spent the WHOLE day walking and running around (about 5-6 hours worth I'd say), with very little time to stop to eat (I did have water on me though! thought ahead :wink: ). Yikes, so I get home around 5pm, log my excercise and I burned in the neighborhood of 1300 cals today for excercise and I still need to eat all of that?? hah. I've never logged more than 500 or so calories, so I am really pround of myself. Although I must say, my legs and back are sore as heck, thank goodness tomorrow is Saturday. Just had to share :bigsmile:

PS it was a very fun day and the kids had an awesome time! :flowerforyou: Hope everyone had a day as good as mine!

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Ok, today my fiance hosted a "sports day" to honour this years Olympics at his school! (he's a phys-ed teacher) It was for all kids grades kindergarten to grade 8 and he had the highschool kids running it (it's a K-12 school). I went in with help to help run and organize everything. Long story short, I spent the WHOLE day walking and running around (about 5-6 hours worth I'd say), with very little time to stop to eat (I did have water on me though! thought ahead :wink: ). Yikes, so I get home around 5pm, log my excercise and I burned in the neighborhood of 1300 cals today for excercise and I still need to eat all of that?? hah. I've never logged more than 500 or so calories, so I am really pround of myself. Although I must say, my legs and back are sore as heck, thank goodness tomorrow is Saturday. Just had to share :bigsmile:

PS it was a very fun day and the kids had an awesome time! :flowerforyou: Hope everyone had a day as good as mine!
  • BreaNix
    BreaNix Posts: 205 Member
    WOW! Great job!

That must feel great. I long spcial events were you log exersize calories even though you are so busy you don't really notice.

YEAH FOR YOU!!!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Sounds like a great event! Enjoy your extra calories:drinker:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Sounds like a great event! Enjoy your extra calories:drinker:

I don't think I can eat all the extra cals, but I did splurge on a slice of chocolate cake after dinner.... yes, it was delicious. mmmm:drinker:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    mmmmmmmmmmmm...... :tongue: