Getting discouraged

sculley
sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
been stuck at 150 for what it seems to be alittle over three weeks now. I eat 1200 calories a day not including exercise calories here is my typical week

Monday: 30 min calistentics
20 minute run

Tuesday: 15 calistentics
45 minute walk

Wednesday 20 calistentic
40 min run

thursday varioius workout tape

fri 15 calistentics
60 minute run

saturday 2 hour park with son
walk for an hour at night

Sun rest aside from cleaning the house

Replies

• sculley
    been stuck at 150 for what it seems to be alittle over three weeks now. I eat 1200 calories a day not including exercise calories here is my typical week

Monday: 30 min calistentics
    20 minute run

Tuesday: 15 calistentics
    45 minute walk

Wednesday 20 calistentic
    40 min run

thursday varioius workout tape

fri 15 calistentics
    60 minute run

saturday 2 hour park with son
    walk for an hour at night

Sun rest aside from cleaning the house
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Not eating enough--1200 a day is too low for you for the amount of weight you have to lose. Up your calories and see what happens.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Hi Sculley,

I too am stuck and I'm eating the same amt of cals as you. Before I UP my cal intake I am going to change a few things this week:

First I am going to breakdown my food into 6 small meals and eat throughout the day. Bank's post really hits home as to WHY this may help us.

Secondly, I always end up eating my exercise calories after dinner at night time probably 1 hr, before bedtime. Instead I will plan snacks like almonds etc to eat between the 6 little meals.

I think my issue may be not HOW MUCH I am eating...but WHEN I am consuming my cals.

Whadda ya think MFPer's....good strategy....or not????

PS> Did lose 1 " on my waist this week :smile: ...although the scale hasn't budged :tongue:

Wishing you all good things~

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Sounds like good strategy to me Lavender!

Don't get discouraged Sculley! Stay off the scale for a bit and just measure.

Be patient, you'll be fine.
  • sculley
    Hi Sculley,

I too am stuck and I'm eating the same amt of cals as you. Before I UP my cal intake I am going to change a few things this week:

First I am going to breakdown my food into 6 small meals and eat throughout the day. Bank's post really hits home as to WHY this may help us.

Secondly, I always end up eating my exercise calories after dinner at night time probably 1 hr, before bedtime. Instead I will plan snacks like almonds etc to eat between the 6 little meals.

I think my issue may be not HOW MUCH I am eating...but WHEN I am consuming my cals.

Whadda ya think MFPer's....good strategy....or not????

PS> Did lose 1 " on my waist this week :smile: ...although the scale hasn't budged :tongue:

Wishing you all good things~

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

With me I rarely eat a snack after dinner and I try not to eat too late. My day consist of 4 to 5 small meals a day (breakfast 300 cal snack 100 cal lunch 200-400cal snack 100-200 dinner 200-400 ) and when I excersise I will add calories evenly accordingly

As for you changing those few things I think you will do GREAT :drinker: good luck hun
  • sculley
    Anyone have an idea of what I should be eating it says the BMR is like 1489 but it was telling me to eat only 1200.....so maybe 1400??
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    what is your goal set at? to lose 2, 1.5, 1, or .5 lb a week? I think you should lower it and see how that works. If you are set at 1.5 lb per week, try it at 1 or .5 and see if you see changes.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    I know the feeling Audumn. I've been stuck at 215 for about the same amount of time, and I'm eating 1600 calories a day with about 800 calories thrown in by way of a three mile run. No change with the exception of gaining a pound. *sigh*

So with that said, plateau's suck.

Sometimes I think our bodies are actually very comfortable with a given weight and can be staunchly stubborn despite our best efforts to the contrary.

Anyway, I promise to stick with it if you do. In a week or so, we'll both have a 4-5 pound loss and we'll be good to go, but yes, it really does get discouraging.

As far as advice, I would basically take a couple days off. Don't go crazy, but try to shock your body by eating a little more than usual, that should help reset your system.

I'm sending you a high five though, you look great as it is. You know we're behind you...(and boy what a view...:wink: )

(I'll pay for that comment, lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )
  • sculley
    I know the feeling Audumn. I've been stuck at 215 for about the same amount of time, and I'm eating 1600 calories a day with about 800 calories thrown in by way of a three mile run. No change with the exception of gaining a pound. *sigh*

Sometimes I think our bodies are actually very comfortable with a given weight and can be staunchly stubborn despite our best efforts to the contrary.

Anyway, I promise to stick with it if you do. In a week or so, we'll both have a 4-5 pound loss and we'll be good to go, but yes, it really does get discouraging.

As far as advice, I would basically take a couple days off. Don't go crazy, but try to shock your body by eating a little more than usual, that should help reset your system.

I'm sending you a high five though, you look great as it is. You know we're behind you...(and boy what a view...:wink: )

Thanks for the words of encouragement.......:blushing: Alrighty don't get in trouble with the lil lady!!!
  • sculley

/quote]

Thanks for the words of encouragement.......:blushing: Alrighty don't get in trouble with the lil lady!!!