Calling all bikers--Biker Challenge!

shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
And, no, I don't mean motorcyclists--sorry!

I know there's a lot of other bicyclists on here, so let's get our own pedal challenge going!

Anyone up for it??

I was thinking something like pledge to do so many miles in a week or month or two weeks or whatever--how's that sound?

Come on--speak up now! Who's with me??

sport-smiley-5525.gif

Replies

• shorerider
    And, no, I don't mean motorcyclists--sorry!

I know there's a lot of other bicyclists on here, so let's get our own pedal challenge going!

Anyone up for it??

I was thinking something like pledge to do so many miles in a week or month or two weeks or whatever--how's that sound?

Come on--speak up now! Who's with me??

sport-smiley-5525.gif
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Greetings Shorerider!

I don't ride, just wanted to wish you well and bump this post back up...the other riders may not be around till Monday.

Have a great weekend!
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    I'll do it!!!

I already ride about 28 miles a week, since I ride to and from work which is 2 miles each way, and I do that every day.

I pledge to ride 40 miles a week. That would be my 28 miles to and fro plus one long 12 mile ride.

Let's do weekly check-ins! I'll check in on Saturdays.
    :)
    Jill
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    I am in!! I just rode 13 miles! I try to ride at least 10 a day. Challenge me!! I am up for anything!
  • I love to bike but I find myself going for many more walks than rides. I hope that this will get me out there. Does any one have a solution to a very sore bottom form biking? I so have any of you found a solution?
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    I'm in. I do b/w 50-80 miles a week. The sore bottom goes away with more miles, believe it or not!
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    I'm in! Padded bike short save the bum and help me last longer on the saddle.
  • ohthatbambi
    I love to bike but I find myself going for many more walks than rides. I hope that this will get me out there. Does any one have a solution to a very sore bottom form biking? I so have any of you found a solution?

I just bought a new bike, a Trek 7.2 FX, and the seat on that baby is nice. I wear biking shorts too. I always had a sore bottom on my old bike...even with a gel cushion and padded shorts. Also, make sure that your seat is adjusted to the right height. The wrong height can cause your hips to rock which can lead to soreness. I was riding with my seat way too low on the old bike.
  • shorerider
    Great!

Ok--I'm pledging 50 miles a week for now--that's low but I have to go out of town from the 15th to the 18th and won't be able to ride; so I'll say 50 for now.

But so far this week, I've put in 90 miles! If I get at least 10 in on MOnday, that will make a 100 mile week!!

I'm hoping to add another mile to my weekly long ride for every pound I lose--so if I lose another pound by next Thursday or Friday, I'll do a 33-35 mile ride at the end of next week.
  • ohthatbambi
    I am pledging 65 miles a week. It takes me about an hour to do 13 miles and I like to ride at least an hour so I am going with that.

So is tomorrow day one?
  • lolakey
    lolakey Posts: 91
    I'll pledge 50 miles. I try to bike to work (10 miles) at least 2 times a week. I can fit another 10 miles in there somewhere.

Yay!
  • shorerider
    Ok!!

let's make tomorrow the 1st day then and see how it goes--

I'll try to bump this post every so often so we don't lose it.
  • shorerider
    After thinking over this, I'm upping my weekly goal but making a caveat for the week I'm out of town--how's that sound?

So, I'm pledging for 80 miles a week!!!! Except for the week when I'll be out of town for 4 days--I'll have to see how that week goes :grumble: Business trip. :grumble:
  • ohthatbambi
    Did ten miles this morning and plan to go out this evening when it is cooler and do some more!!!
  • shorerider
    Did ten miles this morning and plan to go out this evening when it is cooler and do some more!!!

WOW! Great start!

I always take Sundays off from exercising but am getting up tomorrow early early to ride--it's supposed to be 79 degrees with 90% humidity here at 6:0am :sick: :sick:
  • ohthatbambi
    It is HOT as hades:devil: here today. I am in Alabama, not the coast. Got in my parked car this afternoon after swimming and therm. read 105. It would down a few degrees once I started moving, but not much. It is just HOT. I have to go out very early or close to dark to survive!!
  • Im in just did 7 miles today!
  • Im pledging 40 miles a week
  • shorerider
    Sounds like everyone is off to a great start!

I've got a 25 mile route all mapped out for tomorrow--planning on hitting the road about 5:45 or 6:00am--going to try to make it in 2 hours but we'll see!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    I love to bike but I find myself going for many more walks than rides. I hope that this will get me out there. Does any one have a solution to a very sore bottom form biking? I so have any of you found a solution?

I'm SOOO in. I ride to work and try to do 20 miles a day after work.

And yes the sore butt will go away the more you ride. Kind of like a new pair of shoes. You have to break it in baby LOL :laugh:
    There are so many cool saddles/seat out there now a days. I have a women's contour and I LOVE IT!!!!
    So get out there and ride, ride, ride :bigsmile:
    I'm in Monterey for a weeks vacations and I'm so excited NO work and get to do what I love every day for 7 days straight.
    As soon as my hubby gets back we are heading out....YEAH!!!!
    Happy riding,
    Kel~ :happy: