VERY STUPID QUESTION...But I need ideas...

Hokay...

So I'm taking my bike in to be either repaired or turned into glue today. It's a great bike, I've had it for years, it was made just for me. This is going to stink not having it.

I tried to eat pavement the other day in an attempt to fly and now it's mashed.

So...

Here's my stupid question. Do I clean it before I take it in? I don't want them to think I don't ride it and clean it...but I don't want them to think I'm stupid by leaving it filthy. Ya, I'm humiliated for asking...but advise? In Cali I rode with the owner of the shop we took it to, so he'd grab it and do repairs...but now I'm on my own. I feel real dumb. Anyone?

My ego is injured enough, and I don't want to walk in all bruised and a new repair guy making fun of my bike either since it's an older HardRock. Ego is very bruised.

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Hokay...

So I'm taking my bike in to be either repaired or turned into glue today. It's a great bike, I've had it for years, it was made just for me. This is going to stink not having it.

I tried to eat pavement the other day in an attempt to fly and now it's mashed.

So...

Here's my stupid question. Do I clean it before I take it in? I don't want them to think I don't ride it and clean it...but I don't want them to think I'm stupid by leaving it filthy. Ya, I'm humiliated for asking...but advise? In Cali I rode with the owner of the shop we took it to, so he'd grab it and do repairs...but now I'm on my own. I feel real dumb. Anyone?

My ego is injured enough, and I don't want to walk in all bruised and a new repair guy making fun of my bike either since it's an older HardRock. Ego is very bruised.
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    I would clean it a little but not a major effort. I just got my bike out last night. I an anxious to go.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    No matter how bad it is. . .trust me, they have always seen worse, and most likely won't judge it or you.

To clean it would be like cleaning before the maid comes. (IMHO):flowerforyou:

OH, and ps. . .please wear your helmet. Thank you, that is all.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Awe don't feel stupid or let ya ego bother you! I know nothing bout the bike, but your beautiful. Inside and out!
    BIG HUGS! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    haha, Good Question! I have know idea, I personally woulndt clean it, who cares what they think (unless its completely covered in mud or something:laugh: ) aww dont stress! Maybe the repair guy will think its hott for a lady like you to be working out and riding her bike. I think its awesome- Have a great day!! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    LOL I'll wear my good bra and go for the discount. LOL

:laugh:

Thanks, I wiped about the last weeks worth of chunks off of it, and I'm going now to take it into the shop. :sad:

Wish me luck!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Don't clean it are you kidding me! :bigsmile:
    Are you talking about the guy who owns Vans or Twin City bikes? TCB closed last year, can you believe that? And there is NOWAY we will ever give the guys who own VANS business....they suck and can kiss our and a lot of serious cyclist in this towns BUTTS! :grumble: They have no small town courtesy what so ever! :angry:
    I hope your bike repair goes well. If you need advice on buying a new one...send me a message :wink:
    Kel~
  • PrincessLaundry
    Hey Der! Thanks for the info all.
    I use to take it into a place just south of Napa. I ended up finding someone who works on Specialized about forty-five minutes from me. The guy was really nice and said he'd do the tune up part for no charge. He actually called before I got all the way home and wanted to see if I wanted my bike back bad enough to just put what he has for new gears or if I want to special order. I figured since everything hurts, I'll wait for the different gears I'm putting on the bike. Ugggg! Anyway, great guy, nice shop. So it will be under $200 and he said less than a week. I hope!

So any rides for you planned?