How do you weigh?

How does everyone weigh? I weigh at the gym at the same scale every time. I always wear, gym clothes (shorts, shirt of course, and tennis shoes)- can I deduct anything for clothing/shoes? I don't have a scale at home or I'd weigh in NAKED-:blushing:
Just curious....

Replies

• 2catowner
    2catowner Posts: 94
    How does everyone weigh? I weigh at the gym at the same scale every time. I always wear, gym clothes (shorts, shirt of course, and tennis shoes)- can I deduct anything for clothing/shoes? I don't have a scale at home or I'd weigh in NAKED-:blushing:
    Just curious....
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    I weigh first thing in the a.m., naked, and after I have peed all that I can! I would deduct about one lb. for gym clothes. Are you working out in the morning? You also have to figure anything in your belly that you ate during the day which has not been digested (that's why I go with morning).
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    I would bring in extra clothes and shoes and put your clothes and shoes on the scale and weigh them. That way you know exactly what to subtract to get YOUR weight WITHOUT clothing - and without getting naked!!:blushing:

I weigh at home - first thing in the morning to get my "empty and naked" weight and then I weigh in again later in the morning when I get out of the shower as my scale tells me my fat % and my hydration level.

Hope this helps!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Just curious....

I weigh the same as you but I take off my shoes first. it's a doctor's office type scale where you have to move the weight across by hand, I think those are most accurate. I try to do it every sunday morning, right before my workout. Usually between 8am and 10am, and I try not to eat or drink anything before I do it.
  • 2catowner
    2catowner Posts: 94
    I weigh first thing in the a.m., naked, and after I have peed all that I can! I would deduct about one lb. for gym clothes. Are you working out in the morning? You also have to figure anything in your belly that you ate during the day which has not been digested (that's why I go with morning).
    yes, I work out in the morning, usually after about 2 cups of coffee, so I am weighing after the coffee, before the work out. - 2catowner