MFP Runner's Club - 6/7

kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning!

Good luck to everyone who is racing today. We can't wait to hear all about it. Be sure to post about your race today or tomorrow.

No running for me today... My knees are bothering me. I am 'resting' and icing today. I have 8 miles scheduled for tomorrow.

Enjoy the day
-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    Good morning!

Good luck to everyone who is racing today. We can't wait to hear all about it. Be sure to post about your race today or tomorrow.

No running for me today... My knees are bothering me. I am 'resting' and icing today. I have 8 miles scheduled for tomorrow.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Sorry to hear about your knees, but I can relate. :ohwell:

I've got a couple knee braces that are size XL. They keep falling down so I figured, why wear them? Since I haven't been wearing them my knees hurt worse. Guess I'll get some new ones. :ohwell:

Only running I'll get in today is running the laundry up/down the stairs. Yeah Saturdays!!! :tongue:

Good luck, everyone!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Ouch! Hope your knees feel better! I am out for a 4 mile run/walk. I am nervous because I've missed three workouts due to the pesky flu. My 5K team is way ahead of me now! :frown: But I am grateful to ber hitting the road and off the coach! Have a great day!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Holla!!

Ladies, please take care of those precious needs. :flowerforyou:

I got my 5miles in this morning. Good thing I went early due to the heat. I was struggling cuz it was my first time running while it was so hot!!

I just got back from my kids gymnastics and now I'm heading out to a kid's b-day party. Wish me luck!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    I got my second 4 mile run in today so I met my weekly goal of 2- 4 mile and 2- 3 1/2 mile runs this week and I threw in an extra 2 1/2 mile run for mental health, LOL!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    I got my second 4 mile run in today so I met my weekly goal of 2- 4 mile and 2- 3 1/2 mile runs this week and I threw in an extra 2 1/2 mile run for mental health, LOL!

Nothing like running for mental health!

I started out for my long run today (I was aiming for 10 miles). At about mil 6 of my out and back it started threatening rain. It gradually started and I was just praying my iPod and Nike+ would stay dry enough. It even hailed for a few minutes.

The good part? I ran my fastest per-mile pace! Nothing like trying to outrun a storm to speed up your pace! :laugh:

I had to cut out a 1-mile extension so got in 9 miles, but I thought that was good enough. And now I look outside and see sun and blue skies. Nothing like spring, huh?

Take care of those knees, ladies. I hope mine hold up with what I'm putting them through. :smile:

Julie
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    PHEW - made it but felt horrible the whole way - nauseus, cramps, tired. Never felt this bad before. We went 4 miles. Guess I am not over the virus. Still glad I ran. Anyone else get nauseus on a run?:flowerforyou:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Good luck to everyone who is racing today.

Ok, I did my very first 5k today. Thank goodness it started at 8:30. I ran the first under at 9 mins. 15 secs and boy was it tough. My running partner had to stop and walk a few times so we finished the race at just under 31 minutes. YEAH! There was no way we could have kept up the 9 min mile pace. I was dying. My husband didn't enter the race but rode his bike around and encourage me on. I think my official time was 30 min 53 sec.
  • kechiemc
    GO Runner's GO!

You guys are rockin today. So awesome...
  • kechiemc
    Good luck to everyone who is racing today.

Ok, I did my very first 5k today. Thank goodness it started at 8:30. I ran the first under at 9 mins. 15 secs and boy was it tough. My running partner had to stop and walk a few times so we finished the race at just under 31 minutes. YEAH! There was no way we could have kept up the 9 min mile pace. I was dying. My husband didn't enter the race but rode his bike around and encourage me on. I think my official time was 30 min 53 sec.

Congratulations! Great finish time! Way to go!
    When's your next race?:happy:
  • kechiemc
    Sorry to hear about your knees, but I can relate. :ohwell:

I've got a couple knee braces that are size XL. They keep falling down so I figured, why wear them? Since I haven't been wearing them my knees hurt worse. Guess I'll get some new ones. :ohwell:

Only running I'll get in today is running the laundry up/down the stairs. Yeah Saturdays!!! :tongue:

Good luck, everyone!

Thanks Shannon! Yesterday someone mentioned running a little bit extra for each other. Can you do a little extra laundry to help some of us? :laugh:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Hello everybody!
    Kechie, I did two loads of laundry for you, however I think I only burned 74 calories doing it, so that's not giving you all that much (maybe an extra apple), but you're welcome to it and hey, it's the thought that counts!
    I just got back from my longest run ever (11 miles). I decided to do it today because it's cloudy and cool but not raining. Also, I really wanted to get it over with and not have to think about it tomorrow. The bad thing is that as I was warming up I really didn't feel like doing it. But the truth is that I never really feel that much like going (especially if it's my long run day), but when I'm done I feel great. So I'm learning to just push myself and remind myself how good I'm going to feel when I'm on my cooldown.
    The other really great part is that now I have four parties to go to this weekend (three graduations and a birthday) and I just burned an extra 1150 calories so I can have more fun!
    Have a great weekend everybody!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Hello everybody!
    Kechie, I did two loads of laundry for you, however I think I only burned 74 calories doing it, so that's not giving you all that much (maybe an extra apple), but you're welcome to it and hey, it's the thought that counts!
    I just got back from my longest run ever (11 miles). I decided to do it today because it's cloudy and cool but not raining. Also, I really wanted to get it over with and not have to think about it tomorrow. The bad thing is that as I was warming up I really didn't feel like doing it. But the truth is that I never really feel that much like going (especially if it's my long run day), but when I'm done I feel great. So I'm learning to just push myself and remind myself how good I'm going to feel when I'm on my cooldown.
    The other really great part is that now I have four parties to go to this weekend (three graduations and a birthday) and I just burned an extra 1150 calories so I can have more fun!

Wow 11 miles!! That is truly wonderful! How long did it take you?
    I am very impressed!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    Hello everybody!

Thanks Thalli1! I was hoping some of my dirty clothes would magically become clean.:laugh:

11 miles is AWESOME.<bowing down to running goddess thalli1>
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Way to go thali. 11 miles. Wow. That is another place and another time for me.

kechie, I am thinking about doing another 5k in about 2 weeks while I am on vacation. :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Good job on your 5k, Sherry!

And DAY-UM!!! 11 miles, thalli?????? :noway: YOU ROCK!!! :drinker: :heart: :drinker: