Cyclist from phoenix AZ on here?

Options
Just curious if there are any cycling people on here that live in Phoenix AZ... It's crazy hot, my hubby rides early in the morning on the weekends. I haven't been on a bike in 4 years due to pregnancies and 2 babies... was looking to start cycling in Sept/Oct, but if someone out there is my speed I might get brave... hubby is WAY to fast for me!!

Replies

• familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Just curious if there are any cycling people on here that live in Phoenix AZ... It's crazy hot, my hubby rides early in the morning on the weekends. I haven't been on a bike in 4 years due to pregnancies and 2 babies... was looking to start cycling in Sept/Oct, but if someone out there is my speed I might get brave... hubby is WAY to fast for me!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    sorry--I'm way too far away!

maybe you could ride early in the morning--that's what I'm doing now as it's 98 degrees and 97% humidity!
  • familybugs
    Options
    holy crap! I guess I don't have an excuse now do I! :noway:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I live in the east valley, not a road cyclist, prefer mountain biking and just got back on the saddle in the spring. I don't mind the heat once I get going. If you want a decent path I have been riding from Tempe town lake to Camelback Rd and back. The trail is paved and runs through El Dorado Park. It is about 15 miles round trip (if you include riding completely around the lake). There are plenty of people with the kiddie karts on their bikes. My kids are older so they ride their bikes too, and sadly, they sometimes have to stop and wait for me, especially if hubby goes!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I'm going tomorrow morning and just looked at the forecast for 6am. --79 degrees and 90% humidity----that's just disgusting. Can't start any earlier than that either because sunrise isn't until 5:45am!
  • familybugs
    Options
    I live in the east valley, not a road cyclist, prefer mountain biking and just got back on the saddle in the spring. I don't mind the heat once I get going. If you want a decent path I have been riding from Tempe town lake to Camelback Rd and back. The trail is paved and runs through El Dorado Park. It is about 15 miles round trip (if you include riding completely around the lake). There are plenty of people with the kiddie karts on their bikes. My kids are older so they ride their bikes too, and sadly, they sometimes have to stop and wait for me, especially if hubby goes!

I'm in the north valley. The path thing is a good idea. I don't have a mtn. bike, only road... tried the mtn. bike thing and ate it pretty hard, tore rotator cuff and scared myself up pretty good.. so i choose the road!:laugh: I just need to get out there!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Look up your city web page and look for paved bike trails. In the East valley we have a lot of paved trails that line the canals and parks. They are great for getting back into the swing of things because they have varied courses, flat, hills etc. If your kids are little get a kiddie kart and get to it! lol

I warn you, your sit bones will hurt after having babies and no saddle for awhile my hiney hurt everytime I got on the bike for at least a month!