"No Exuses" wii motivate thread

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I got this http://www.amazon.com/Calorie-Burn-Kit-Wii-Nintendo/dp/B00414GMAI but check for another source, as I paid less than that just three weeks ago.
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    thanks but that is on US Amazon, when I put a search in for the same thing on the UK site it didn't bring it up.
  • Cinnamonhuskies
    Cinnamonhuskies Posts: 78 Member
    I love the Ea Sports Activ...More Workouts for the Wii. I try to ue it along with Zumba classes, Curves, and walking the dog so I don't get bored. Im sorry but Wii Fit is just too boring for me. I just wanted the balance board to use with the aerobic workout on Ea Sports.
    My car is stuck in my driveway today so i am supposed to be on the Wii....but sitting on the couch instead.
  • concordancia
    thanks but that is on US Amazon, when I put a search in for the same thing on the UK site it didn't bring it up.

I think the cup ones would be fine, assuming the board feet sit in the cup and it has rubber feet.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    So up and at 'em. One of my favorite quotes:

"Wow, I really regret that workout" - No one, ever.

Did my usually weekday 30 minutes this morning before work on the Wii My Fitness Coach. "Maya" picked lower body for today. Tuesday was cardio, yesterday was core, and tomorrow will be flexibilty.
  • concordancia -I find the step while watching tv to slow even when its on fast. I have a treadmill at home, the idea of that was to exercise while watching TV but its too loud and i cant here it!!

I got to my 300 with some boxing, jogging on treadmill.

Pretty warm here today and had an early start to get horse shod and worked, then to pick up his saddles from down the road before it got to hot. Should be a nice night to take the dog out for a walk tonight, and maybe burn some cals in the garden.

Great to see so many people posting here :) Keep up the good work, everyone is doing awesome!
  • concordancia
    Ahh, yes, I double time the step, but with the riser, I double time the slowest instead of the fastest...Still, even slow it is better than laying on the couch and similar to going for a leisurely walk. Another option is to do side lunges of the step. I don't mind doing those at a slower pace.

I won my BL challenge again;) it doesn't give me any little logos for winning, though!

I also used my weight gloves for rhythm boxing and a few other games. I think they actually helped me with the rhythm. I certainly burned more - I was dripping in sweat when I shut the game down. I plan on trying to squeeze in a 20 minute Zumba later. I worked so hard this morning, I had to stop and have breakfast!
  • No Wii yesterday as I did other activities for working out. Was going to do my 2nd day of couch to 5k today but a migraine sidelined me...so I slept off the headache and now i'm gearing up to do a mid-length zumba core class instead.
  • Pandy1962
    Will get the riser next month once I get paid, not been paid since 13 Dec and have to wait until 31st Jan (gosh I really hate Christmas and being early)

I am hoping that adding in the extra exercise with the Wii on top of the walking etc I do will bump start my loss again as I have been stalled since Nov seem to keep messing around with 2 lb, lose it one week and it's back the next.
  • concordancia
    I am hoping that adding in the extra exercise with the Wii on top of the walking etc I do will bump start my loss again as I have been stalled since Nov seem to keep messing around with 2 lb, lose it one week and it's back the next.

New exercise may well help!

Since you already have aerobics covered with walking, Instead of a riser, you might want to look into getting EA Active. It will help tone up your muscles which will have tons of benefits for both weight loss and overall health! For example, resistance training helps with bone health as we age.
  • texasladysv
    texasladysv Posts: 103 Member
    This is great motivation and inspiration! Good idea!

I alternate different things... walk atleast 3 days a week, adjusting intensity...
    Strength with 5 lb hand weights, or total gym... or spartucus style... doing 50 squats, 50 sit ups, and 50 dips in one day... also do plie squats or scissor kicks, horse kicks an other floor exercises...
    Want to work up to real push ups but it takes time... wrists weak at this point and progress is slow..

Also, an idea I discovered! 2 hours of light to moderate housework = 522 calories burned!! It was in the mfp database!

I do cardio 3 X's week and strength 3 X's week... resting atleast 1 day...

Add as friend if you like, we all need all the support we can get! Thanks for post!
  • concordancia
    It took a couple hours of procrastinating, but I finally did a BL workout, some of the Wii Fit strength exercises to work different lower body muscles and then basic step while doing some upper body weights. I had to dig out the 8 lbs because the 5 lbs took about a million reps to get my biceps burning.

I can't do push ups...for one thing, the Wii board doesn't seem wide enough. I just do planks, then do push-ups on the counter later. Today I did 50 in two sets!
  • Morning,

Well another day off for me yesterday!! Im struggling with the motivation, I was busy cleaning house and did ride the horse last night. But when im riding everyday I maintain my weight but dont lose it so I really need to get moving. Im also stressing a bit trying to work out how im going to come up with the money to have my dog operated on as he has rupturing his cruciate ligament, and the chocolate addiction is raising its head. Still strong and saying no at this stage. My hubby's shopping today and chocolate on the list for my sons bday cake, have told him it goes straight in the lock up cuboard till im ready to make the cake.

Just have to keep " No excuses in my head" and get on with it. Off to ride the horse so ill stop in and walk up mount canniable on the way, that always gets the heart pumping

That and read your post CONCORDANCIA, thats enough to get anyone moving!! Keep up the fantastic work..
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    bump
  • Pandy1962

New exercise may well help!

Since you already have aerobics covered with walking, Instead of a riser, you might want to look into getting EA Active. It will help tone up your muscles which will have tons of benefits for both weight loss and overall health! For example, resistance training helps with bone health as we age.

Thanks will look into that,
  • concordancia
    Rest day... I think I overdid it this week.
  • BtheMommy
    BtheMommy Posts: 9 Member
    I've been working out with the wii fit for 60 mins a day and I've worked with it 4 days now. I can tell a huge difference how I feel. I really love doing the yoga specially when you have a stressful day
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    Checking into buying a used Wii. What do you all think? Do you use it to work out? Zumba? Dance? Let me know what you use yours for.

Ok I bought the Wii. I have the Wiii Sports and the Resort DVD. I also bought a Zumba DVD but still learning the steps. Ha ha bet I look real funny. Glad I live alone and theres no one to make fun of me. I done some of the games on the Resort. Fun.

My question is if I buy the fitness DVD or the EA Active do I have to buy extra's to go with it or does everything come with the DVD? I'm new at all this? Does it tell you how many calories you burn? Whats the best one?
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    I walked 2 miles today on the treadmill and did some of Jillian Michaels video. Plus I shoveled snow this morning. Not to bad for a Sat. I have a friend coming over tonight and I hope the want to play the Will with me. I'm like a little kid. He he he.
  • Pandy1962
    Checking into buying a used Wii. What do you all think? Do you use it to work out? Zumba? Dance? Let me know what you use yours for.

Ok I bought the Wii. I have the Wiii Sports and the Resort DVD. I also bought a Zumba DVD but still learning the steps. Ha ha bet I look real funny. Glad I live alone and theres no one to make fun of me. I done some of the games on the Resort. Fun.

My question is if I buy the fitness DVD or the EA Active do I have to buy extra's to go with it or does everything come with the DVD? I'm new at all this? Does it tell you how many calories you burn? Whats the best one?

You might need to buy a balance board for EA Active, You can either buy it with Wii Fit or Wii Fit Plus or as a stand alone product .