MFP Runner's Club - 6/8

kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning everyone!

Today was my "long" run, 8 miles. This was the second time I've run 8 miles. It is getting easier.:drinker:

I want to thank you all for participating in this discussion. Knowing you were here, made it easier for me to get out there today.

Enjoy your run, walk, or rest day!
-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    Good morning everyone!

Today was my "long" run, 8 miles. This was the second time I've run 8 miles. It is getting easier.:drinker:

I want to thank you all for participating in this discussion. Knowing you were here, made it easier for me to get out there today.

Enjoy your run, walk, or rest day!
    -Kechie.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Kudos to you kechie! It's so humid outside and it's like that in my house, too!!! I'm gonna try to go for a while on my treadmill in a bit. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

:flowerforyou: P
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Good morning ladies!!

Congrats on your 8miles Kechie!! I can't wait until I get to that point.

Good luck on the treadmill Pam, I know it's hard to get motivated when it's so humid.

I got out and did my 5 miles this morning. Wow, I can't believe how hot it is outside. Last week I had to wear sweaters and as of yesterday, we had to turn the air conditioning on. It's crazy!!

Have a great day all!

I'm going to see Sex and the City today!! I'm excited!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kechiemc
    Kudos to you kechie! It's so humid outside and it's like that in my house, too!!! I'm gonna try to go for a while on my treadmill in a bit. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

:flowerforyou: P

Good for you Pam!

With the heat index it was 91 degrees here. The humidity is what kills me though. Today I ran a mostly shady route. The shady stretches helped me out a lot. I couldn't have made it the whole way without them.

Enjoy the day:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Good morning ladies!!

Congrats on your 8miles Kechie!! I can't wait until I get to that point.

Good luck on the treadmill Pam, I know it's hard to get motivated when it's so humid.

I got out and did my 5 miles this morning. Wow, I can't believe how hot it is outside. Last week I had to wear sweaters and as of yesterday, we had to turn the air conditioning on. It's crazy!!

Have a great day all!

I'm going to see Sex and the City today!! I'm excited!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Way to go Mireille!

Let me know how you like the movie. Even though I'll be the last person to see it, I am waiting for it on video.:wink:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Rainy and a bit breezy here, but I think I'm gonna grab my hoodie & go for it.

I've eaten like cr@p this weekend :embarassed: and need a good run.

Good job on your runs this morning, ladies, you keep me going!! :smooched:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Happy Sunday!

Way to go Kechie! Running in the heat is hard! I've been lucky here in Oregon that it's been cool enough to do my long runs. If it gets hot I'll have to get up really early and try to go before it gets hot. I'm not sure I could do it in 91 degrees.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement here. Mireille, you asked how long it took me to go 11 miles yesterday (I just read that today. ) I kept a little over an 11 minute mile pace, finishing in 124 minutes. That seems to be my most natural pace lately.

Today I'm taking my dog for a six mile walk just to burn a few calories for the other two graduation parties I'm going to this evening. And by the way, I went and saw Sex in the City with my daughter last Sunday and it was cute. If you liked the show, you'll like the movie.

Have a great day everybody. By the way, my name is Terry.:smile:
  • kechiemc
    Happy Sunday!

Way to go Kechie! Running in the heat is hard! I've been lucky here in Oregon that it's been cool enough to do my long runs. If it gets hot I'll have to get up really early and try to go before it gets hot. I'm not sure I could do it in 91 degrees.

Thanks Terry!

I'm in the south. It was that hot when I started my run at 7:30 this morning.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • pam0206
    Ok. Y'all kept me honest today. I'm with Shannon....you guys keep me running even when I don't feel like it! I logged 5.5m. My husband got a big fan out of our garage and I put it right behind my treadmill. It helped and I definitely recommend it!

Happy trails everybody.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Nice going, Pam!

I went about 5.5 miles too. I wanted to get a 10k in, but it was pretty windy. :grumble:

I'm such a wuss! :tongue:

Now I can eat!! :devil:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I'll hop on the tread during my daughter's nap.

Great job ladies!:drinker:
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Good job today, everyone!

Today's my rest day, so I'll be cheering ya'll on...

Julie
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Good morning all! Kechie you are amazing! 8mi with humidity ugh, I live in AZ so I will stick to the treadmill for now.

5 mi today, getting easier after so much time off. My legs weren't sure they wanted to do it today but I showed them who was boss! Who needs to walk?! :laugh:

Happy Sunday to all, make it a good one!
  • pam0206
    5 mi today, getting easier after so much time off. My legs weren't sure they wanted to do it today but I showed them who was boss! Who needs to walk?! :laugh:

Haha! Haven't we all felt like this from time to time!!! Congrats on your five miles. Sounds great.:flowerforyou:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Is MFP runner's club just for women or can an icky boy play too?:flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    Is MFP runner's club just for women or can an icky boy play too?:flowerforyou:

You're more than welcome. There's a few other guys who pop in once in a while.......
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Kechie, Congratulations on your 8 miles.:flowerforyou:

Terry, Wow! that's over 2 hours of running at once.:drinker:

Pam, Thanks for the motivation and know that I'm on your tail. :laugh: I hope to increase my distance to 5 miles by the end of summer.

I did my 4 mile run this morning, a first in that I ran 4 miles yesterday and usually need a day to recover between my "long" runs.
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Congratulations to all on your runs today. I ran 4.5 this morning doing 2 minutes up tempo, 2 minutes slower. It is hot and muggy in Austin today, even at 7a.m. when I ran. I need to start running earlier. I look forward to getting to know everybody!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I feel like the odd ball in this group:indifferent:

I walked 2 miles... will try another 2 later on.
  • pam0206
    I feel like the odd ball in this group:indifferent:

I walked 2 miles... will try another 2 later on.

Awww, JO!!! Ya know we love ya. 2 miles ain't too shabby. Keep it up, girl! :flowerforyou: