good upper arm workouts???

does anyone out there know of any good upper arm workouts - both with and without weights?
i have been lifting, but my upper arms always seem to be the last to respond!

Replies

• psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    does anyone out there know of any good upper arm workouts - both with and without weights?
    i have been lifting, but my upper arms always seem to be the last to respond!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Push ups! And curls with bands or free weights. Also, triceps are a must for women! So tricep kickbacks and tricep dips are a good choice.
  • tamrajd
    tamrajd Posts: 86
    i had the same question a while ago. i went on the jillian michaels web site and she had a video on some excercises for the upper arms. It was really helpful for me to see how to do it. I to new to the game to understand the exercises by name I needed to see it.
  • Kreanga1
    Kreanga1 Posts: 12
    Take care of your rotater cuff. It's easy to get over enthusastic with weight training and esp. arm and shoulder workouts. Check out You tube etc. for rotater cuff and shoulder exercises with weights no more than 5-6 lbs. It will pay off for you and keep you injury free.
  • c-grandma
    c-grandma Posts: 73
    Resistance bands are good, too. I stand on them with one foot, and pull up from behind my head. I do 5 sets of ten on either arm. I use 8lb. weights, too. Hold them over and behind your head. Bending the elbows right next to the head, and I do 4 sets of ten. You need to work up to whatever you are comfortable with. Do it gradual if you've never lifted before. Spark people.com is a great website for exercise info. Good luck-Chris.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Here is something that can hopefully help you out.
    http://www.shapefit.com/trainingmap.html

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Swimming is a calorie-burning triceps workout, if ever there was one. Concentrate on pushing the water behind you, rather than just cutting through the water. You'll feel a big difference.
  • psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    you guys are wonderful!!!! thanks for all of the help! tomorrow my triceps should be burning! :bigsmile: