This has changed my family

2»

Replies

• Special K Cracker Chips are the best. They're my favorite! And they're pretty low in calories compared to other chips.

Or try Lay's Baked potato chips. A little more expensive than regular chips but also very good!!

As you can tell, I love chips.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    My fav snack time ideas are making onion dip from light sour cream onion soup mix and you can still use the veggies to dip into it or baked chips. I also love breyers carb smart ice cream it only comes in three flavors but its great. I also like reduced fat cheese and wheat thins that really fills me up. I am going to try oikos greek yogurt never tried it before but a woman my hubby works with says it tastes like ice cream.
  • jst1986
    jst1986 Posts: 203 Member
    Special K Cracker Chips are the best. They're my favorite! And they're pretty low in calories compared to other chips.

We've only just got these over in the UK, they are amazing!
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    I don't eat chips because they are a waste of calories, but I do have popcorn once in a while. For dip I would use plain greek yogurt to replace sour cream and mix it with ranch mix (or whatever). I use plain yogurt substitute for alot of things to replace sour cream on soups, etc. And it works great as a substitute for cream in baking!

For snacking I eat almonds (I count out an oz!), pickled beets, homemade sweet potato fries (bake em not fry em). I eat alot of sweet potatoes! I also eat steel cut oatmeal made with almond milk for snacking too. I like some food when i watch tv at night. The oatmeal is very filling and good for me!

Once in a rare while I have low fat triscuits with cheese. I count out the # of crackers and weigh the cheese.

I do buy junk food for my kids. My son is underweight so I hand him a bag of chips and tell him to enjoy it for me. But chips aren't much of an attraction to me. I just get junk food for them that I know won't bother me being in the house.
  • baja572
    baja572 Posts: 94
    low fat chips, some kettle cooked are lower in fats and cal...as for dips make your own fat free sour cream..and/or greek yogurt with chopped veggies/ herb.. the chips are in bQ as well as plain...read labels .
  • savingsunday
    savingsunday Posts: 148 Member
    My fav snack time ideas are making onion dip from light sour cream onion soup mix and you can still use the veggies to dip into it or baked chips. I also love breyers carb smart ice cream it only comes in three flavors but its great. I also like reduced fat cheese and wheat thins that really fills me up. I am going to try oikos greek yogurt never tried it before but a woman my hubby works with says it tastes like ice cream.

I'd believe it! I haven't had the oikos but there is a brand called Liberte and it's so creamy and delicious! It is around 200+ calories so I usually only buy one and use it for a treat. :)
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Thanks for all the love and great idea on the snacks. I will definitely give all a try. I question, how do you get that weight loss logo on the bottom of your reply. I cannot find it in the settings.

LOL I can't remember where it is. I remember that I searched and searched all over the site forever and found it unexpectedly. Maybe under check-in or goal?
  • Gregthree
    Gregthree Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks for all the love and great idea on the snacks. I will definitely give all a try. I question, how do you get that weight loss logo on the bottom of your reply. I cannot find it in the settings.

LOL I can't remember where it is. I remember that I searched and searched all over the site forever and found it unexpectedly. Maybe under check-in or goal?

Naomi, I read your bio, I hope that was ok since it was available, but if you mean skygazing like looking at the stars at night. I love the persieds in August. Also, I found google sky map for my phone. It is awesome. Just point the phone at the star you are looking at and it tells you whats there at that point in time. We have been watching Jupiter the last few nights. Had no idea we could see that planet. It is one of the brightest star (objects) in the sky right now.
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    This site has also made a healthier life for me and mine. 3 of my 4 kids got on the treadmill today!
  • irenematilda
    irenematilda Posts: 45 Member
    Under the 'Apps' tab on the right-hand side when you scroll down is a link. This one :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/home
  • NaomiJFoster

Naomi, I read your bio, I hope that was ok since it was available, but if you mean skygazing like looking at the stars at night. I love the persieds in August. Also, I found google sky map for my phone. It is awesome. Just point the phone at the star you are looking at and it tells you whats there at that point in time. We have been watching Jupiter the last few nights. Had no idea we could see that planet. It is one of the brightest star (objects) in the sky right now.

Of course it's OK, that's why it's public. We used to take the telescopes out at night and look at the planets. We don't get so involved very often anymore. But just with the bare eye...there's so much beauty up there. And, lol even in the daytime. Just staring at clouds is a favorite way to get myself lost in my thoughts for a while. Crepuscular Rays, Virga, Clouds on the mountains...anything that is 'up'.
  • NaomiJFoster
    Oh, another thought for your family. It is recommended that children get at least 60 minutes of active play a day. Active play. Not video games, lol. But since your whole family is on this path together, maybe playing together would be a good addition. Family hikes, frisbee in the park, basketball in the driveway, playing tag, etc. Healthy habits start young, and playing in the park is much more fun that sitting on a stationary bike! It's also probably a good bonding time for all of you.
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Fiber One - 90 Calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownie, 1 brownie = 90 calories (as good as the real thing)

I actually like the Chocolate Chip Cookie flavor better. Even warmed it up in the microwave for few seconds to make it gooier :)
  • Thanks for all the love and great idea on the snacks. I will definitely give all a try. I question, how do you get that weight loss logo on the bottom of your reply. I cannot find it in the settings.

It's in the setting on the community tab. where it shows recent topics and such.
  • tazboy
    tazboy Posts: 81 Member
    ya those Kellogg's Cracker's are my favorite things right now. I use greek tzatziki yogurt cucumber dip.

Also cherry tomatoes with humus is also another snack I like.

Air popped pop corn .. you can eat a lot of that and still not feel guilty.

Good luck on your journey my friend
  • Gregthree
    Gregthree Posts: 36 Member
    Under the 'Apps' tab on the right-hand side when you scroll down is a link. This one :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/home

Thanks but where do I put it so that it shows up with all of my posts. I am sure it is not one that I have to copy and paste everytime I use it.

FOUND IT.
  • I like to take a low calorie microwave popcorn and once popped, shake a packet of splenda in it. It is a YUMM salty/sweet, low calorie treat!!