"No Exuses" wii motivate thread

Replies

• richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Ea Active or EA active2 does not require a balance board
  • Morning,

I have no idea how many calories i burnt yesterday but playing chasey, swim and run with the family in the pool for 4hrs is sure to burn a few, especially if my aching muscles were anything to go by lol. Kids surely slept well last night!!

Off to ride today, planning on around a 3-4 hr ride so I think that will do me for today, except for taking the dog for a quick walk.

Enjoy your day :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Morning,

I have no idea how many calories i burnt yesterday but playing chasey, swim and run with the family in the pool for 4hrs is sure to burn a few, especially if my aching muscles were anything to go by lol. Kids surely slept well last night!!

Off to ride today, planning on around a 3-4 hr ride so I think that will do me for today, except for taking the dog for a quick walk.

Enjoy your day :)

Yeah, we went sailing today. I have no idea how many calories I might have burned in the six hours on the water, much less launching and retrieving, but it was the toughest day we have yet. I entered an hour of competitive sailing, even though we were the only sailboat on the entire lake. Few people sail there because it is so narrow, it is a lot of work when you are at the mercy of the wind!
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    Thanks Paddy and Rich :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    bump
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    Yay! Just won a bid on Ebay for a Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board. :bigsmile:
  • concordancia
    Yay! Just won a bid on Ebay for a Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board. :bigsmile:

That's great!

I just used mine for half an hour this morning, choosing from the most gentle exercises to warm up, then some yoga poses to stretch.
  • concordancia
    Some mornings it is really hard to get moving. I just need to remember that as long as I chose carefully, I actually feel better with blood flowing through those muscles.
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    My rest day today, still loving my Wii Fit plus, still doing 30 mins per night in the week and 60 mins each day on the weekends
    Sometimes though I do have to nag myself to do a bit as after a stressful day at work to come home and exercise can be hard.
  • concordancia
    My rest day today, still loving my Wii Fit plus, still doing 30 mins per night in the week and 60 mins each day on the weekends
    Sometimes though I do have to nag myself to do a bit as after a stressful day at work to come home and exercise can be hard.

Hard to get started or hard the whole way through? I often drag my feet to get moving, but once I am warm I am happy to keep going!
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Must be something going around. I have had to push to get up for my 6 a.m. workouts this week. Been dragging at the start but feeling better after every time. The workouts I regret the most are the ones I don't do. Keep up the good work people and remember you will feel better after the workout than before.

p.s. any one who wants to, feel free to friend me. Or not
  • concordancia
    I got in a full hour of Wii Fit this morning, when I finally got out of bed. I must have really needed it because I slept right through the alarm, which is a half hour of NPR.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    I was absolutely beat this morning as well but pushed myself to get in my morning workout. Congrats to concordancia and me for keeping at it when it would be oh so easy to skip a day.
  • concordancia
    Keep it up, Jonathon!
  • Been flat out last couple of days cooking for my sons bday party tomorrow, spent most of today decorating his cake! Have been pretty good avoiding tasting all the naughty food, but havent got around to any extra exercising other than riding the horse.

Have a great weekend guys :)
  • concordancia
    Zumba!
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    I agree it is hard to start once your started it isn't too bad.
  • concordancia
    Today we will be washing, waxing and otherwise maintaining the boat during the day and dancing the night away!
  • Had a busy weekend with the family and a few friends over for my now 4 yr old bday on saturday, and then all day spent yesterday at the melbourne zoo. Saturday we played ball tiggy, cricket and keepings off and then 9am till 6 pm sunday was spent walking the zoo and running to catch trains so im sure i burnt plenty of cals. The food was pretty good too as we took out own food yesterday and apart from bday cake on saturday, i kept it healthy.

Now school is back I can get myself into a proper routine, and get myself back to the gym a few days a week.

Going to have today off as after a big weekend i have heaps to catch up on, starting with working the horse and then loads of houswork. Tomorrow i will hit the gym :)
  • Wasn't feeling like working out but bit the bullet and did a full-length class of Wii Zumba Fitness Core. Burned an awesome 570-some calories (according to the game) and I feel great! And my migraine is finally gone. YAY!!!