Calling all bikers--Biker Challenge!

Replies

• CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member

sport-smiley-5525.gif

Where did you get the cute lil smilie on a bike????? I WANT HIM!!!!! LOL!!!! :laugh:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member

sport-smiley-5525.gif

Where did you get the cute lil smilie on a bike????? I WANT HIM!!!!! LOL!!!! :laugh:

http://www.mysmiley.net/free-fighting-smileys2.php
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    Count me in too, I ride to work at least 3 days a week weather permitting. It is 12.5 each way. I also get out for my long ride on the weekends. I will ride at least 100 miles each week. Thanks for starting this.
  • shorerider
    Count me in too, I ride to work at least 3 days a week weather permitting. It is 12.5 each way. I also get out for my long ride on the weekends. I will ride at least 100 miles each week. Thanks for starting this.

WOW--100 miles a week!!

I'm not worthy!!
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    I love cycling! I get out there and ride and clear my head. I have a Trek 2300 road bike that I've had for several years. Don't know what I would do with out it. I saw your post abut getting a road bike. I Perhaps you can go to a few different bike shops and test ride a few different types of bikes to get a feel for what bike you feel good on. Then check out Craigs list for a used one. A friend has bought several decent road bikes for very little $$ off the site.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    I have 20 miles in for the day! That is 7 more than my usual routine!!
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    I am in, right now I am doing between 50 and 80 miles a week but I want to bump that up to 100. I did 16 miles this morning between 630 and 8 and felt like it didn't take anything out of my day at all. I have a few friends who ride with me now and it is getting to be funner and funner-er. :laugh:
    Perhaps this will really bring me over the threshold of weight loss that I have needed. I ride a LeMond Versailles road bike, if that makes a difference to anyone, and I am planning some touring on my bike this year.
    I am thankful that this thread is open, it is a great encouragement to me, you folks are great!

67210.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • CyclingDiva
    I love cycling! I get out there and ride and clear my head. I have a Trek 2300 road bike that I've had for several years. Don't know what I would do with out it. I saw your post abut getting a road bike. I Perhaps you can go to a few different bike shops and test ride a few different types of bikes to get a feel for what bike you feel good on. Then check out Craigs list for a used one. A friend has bought several decent road bikes for very little $$ off the site.

OH YES I agree. I forgot about Craigs list...lots of great thing on there :bigsmile: :happy:

I've been riding around 100 miles per week too. Your right it seriously is a great way to clear the head :tongue:
    I'm going to love this challenge. I may go for a few extra miles just to push myself :bigsmile:
  • CyclingDiva
    I am in, right now I am doing between 50 and 80 miles a week but I want to bump that up to 100. I did 16 miles this morning between 630 and 8 and felt like it didn't take anything out of my day at all. I have a few friends who ride with me now and it is getting to be funner and funner-er. :laugh:
    Perhaps this will really bring me over the threshold of weight loss that I have needed. I ride a LeMond Versailles road bike, if that makes a difference to anyone, and I am planning some touring on my bike this year.
    I am thankful that this thread is open, it is a great encouragement to me, you folks are great!

67210.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I'm double posting, but I had to say....SSSSWEEETTTTT BIKE!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Count me in.
    50 miles?week now.
    Increase by 10% every week.
    Metric century (= 65 miles on one day) end of August.

riding a recumbent (Bacchetta Giro 26) = NO sore butt!:tongue:
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    And, no, I don't mean motorcyclists--sorry!

Dang!!!! :brokenheart:

And here i thought....Finally a topic i can really get behind.

For those who have never ridden a road course full out you dont know the work out your missing.

Oh well seems like its not going to work. was supposed to be a full sized pic of my avatar.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    I did 22 miles yesterday in the 97 degree heat with my husband.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Awwwww! Great idea! I pledge to clear up all my sores, bruises, and owies by this next week, and pick up my bike as soon as they call for it to be ready. ::whewh!:: There, I can do that!

I'll set my riding goals when you all do a check as soon as I get my bike back.

sport-smiley-5525.gif <~~~~ too cute!

Have a lovely week riding and good luck!
  • shorerider
    I am officially wiped out completely!

th_pant.gif

This morning's ride was easiest the hardest--even more so than my 30 miler last week!

I did 25.5 miles in 85 degree weather with 99% percent humidity--it felt like I was riding in a green house!

But I got my ride in!!!

Tomorrow is supposed to be worse, so I might not try it tomorrow--will have to see.
  • ohthatbambi
    I did 15.5 miles this morning. Now I am going to the gym for my weight training!! I feel GREAT!
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    whoo... i went 15 miles today before work! plus my 2 miles to work and 2 miles home, thats 19 miles today total!
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    My bike is in the shop till Wednesday, but I would like to join this challenge when I get it back! Sounds like fun!

On the same note, I remember seeing on a post here at some point a link to a map that would let you pick points and give you the mileage. That way you could get your miles accounting for any twists and turns, instead of just one straight shot from A to B. Does anyone know of a site like that?

I'll pledge my weekly miles after routing out a map...very excited for this one!! :smile:
  • shorerider
    Mapmyride.com has a map that allows you to plot your route using roadways. It's great!
  • CyclingDiva
    41 miles today....OMG! half that milage we were anywhere from 5% to 10% inclines that lasted 3 miles or more at a time...what a rush!
    rennrad.gif
    Kel~
  • ohthatbambi
    41 miles today....OMG! half that milage we were anywhere from 5% to 10% inclines that lasted 3 miles or more at a time...what a rush!
    rennrad.gif
    Kel~

Super BikerWoman!!! You go!