Logging a slice of pizza based on weight or estimate?

Ordered a pizza from papa john's and apparently a 161g large slice of my garden fresh pizza is 280 calories. I asked for 'light cheese' but there wasn't any option to change the calorie counts. Anyways, I measured my pizza and each slice came out to 134g a piece. That's 134/161 or .832 of the estimated slice, and therefore it would be roughly 233 calories per slice rather than 280. Right?

What would you do? Log the 280 or the calories based on the exact weight?

Replies

• Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    I would log the 280. You won't gain weight by going under ;) Its hardly exact anyway.
  • Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Definitely overestimate! :)
  • mzjessicaxo
    mzjessicaxo Posts: 330 Member
    I always over estimate! I'd rather count it as more than get used to counting it as less by accident! Won't hurt!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    It's all estimation anyway - calories burned, calorie intake~ ... Better safe than sorry. I'd go with the 280.
  • MasterKat
    MasterKat Posts: 149
    Agreed...over estimate.
  • I always overestimate when I order food! 280 like the others have said.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    I'd log the bigger #
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    I am entirely lost..

Measuring a slice of pizza? Wait ,how ,what? I have always just estimated foods like that. Did you put it on a food scale? if so.. how did you estimate it's calories by doing so?
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Ordered a pizza from papa john's and apparently a 161g large slice of my garden fresh pizza is 280 calories. I asked for 'light cheese' but there wasn't any option to change the calorie counts. Anyways, I measured my pizza and each slice came out to 134g a piece. That's 134/161 or .832 of the estimated slice, and therefore it would be roughly 233 calories per slice rather than 280. Right?

I would eat both the slice that is slightly under, and the slice that is slightly over and call it two.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member

I would eat both the slice that is slightly under, and the slice that is slightly over and call it two.

I think normally I would do that, but they're all around 130g. :P But, I guess it can't hurt to over-estimated 100 cals.
  • funkyspunky872
    I am entirely lost..

Measuring a slice of pizza? Wait ,how ,what? I have always just estimated foods like that. Did you put it on a food scale? if so.. how did you estimate it's calories by doing so?

Yes, a food scale... And it's pretty basic math.
  • Bumdrahp
    I am entirely lost..

I obviously don't understand how this is done, basic math or not. But thanks for that detailed explaination as to how this works.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    I am entirely lost..

I obviously don't understand how this is done, basic math or not. But thanks for that detailed explaination as to how this works.

*to the tune of 'I Whip My Hair Back and Forth'*

YOU PUT THE FOOD ON THE SCALE, YOU PUT THE FOOD ON THE SCALE

tumblr_lghfpd0fix1qciojuo1_500.gif
  • funkyspunky872
    Alright how about this: 161 grams divided by 280 calories is .575 calories PER gram. Multiply by the measured slice of pizza to get roughly 233 calories for a 134 gram slice. The average weight of the pizza slices that were tested was 161 grams, and the average calorie count was 280.
  • Bumdrahp
    Alright how about this: 161 grams divided by 280 calories is .575 calories PER gram. Multiply by the measured slice of pizza to get roughly 233 calories for a 134 gram slice. The average weight of the pizza slices that were tested was 161 grams, and the average calorie count was 280.

I am an enourmous derp. Sorry. LMAO.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Take the high ground! It's where all the cool kids hang out.