MFP - My new hobby

I think diet and exercising has become my new hobby.
I like the way MFP gives you a new stat each day... In the past one bad day would turn into a bad week, then month etc...
Now if I overeat, I stop the streak... I have found that you can have a bad day, then bounce back the next day...
I was trying to diet before i ran onto this site... From July 2009 to Jan 2010, I was able to lose 12 pounds, but then I was told by a co-worker about MFP and since January I have lost 32 pounds for a total of 44 lbs.
Keep logging in my friends and remember... you can't gain it all back with one bad day... get back on your horse!

Replies

• mhxander25
    mhxander25 Posts: 9
    you are so right i have been using MFP since mid-march and i absolutley love it i have been able to keep track of exactly what im eating and now i hate eating bad food b/c it takes so much time to enter it and then you see what you just ate and say to yourself "I am not doin that again" i suggest that everyone who is looking to lose weight and keep track of it get on MFP
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    I am totally addicted to MFP!!! I use it more than facebook :) It is a great format, and you're right - when you have a bad day, so what! When you log on tomorrow you will see that it is another day, another chance to be healthy. Good luck on your fitness journey!
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Absolutely right! I stay on here more than any other site. I love being able to plan out my food day in advance. I had yesterday all planned and took my lunch but when I opened my lunch container I realized I grabbed the wrong one. Instead of my low-cal chicken & veggies I had brought my husband's leftover salisbury steak with gravy and mashed potatoes! :noway: Had to run out and get a salad which was better than the steak & gravy but still wan't what I planned. :laugh:
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    This is a great site and lots of very supportive people. i'm addicted too! :happy: Online, on my iPhone; it's all good!
  • amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    My hubby only joined a week ago...and he's already frustrated due to not losing anything his first week. =(
    But, yes, it's kinda my "hobby" now, too.
    Brand new day....brand new minute...you can always start fresh and keep going!
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    I only joined a few days ago and I can already tell it is helping stick to my goals. The simple fact that I decide to report everything I eat + my physical activity help me stay on track. It's great.
    Congratulations to you for your accomplishments so far on this journey!

1111650.png
  • Thaedra
    Thaedra Posts: 52
    Absolutely right! I stay on here more than any other site. I love being able to plan out my food day in advance. I had yesterday all planned and took my lunch but when I opened my lunch container I realized I grabbed the wrong one. Instead of my low-cal chicken & veggies I had brought my husband's leftover salisbury steak with gravy and mashed potatoes! :noway: Had to run out and get a salad which was better than the steak & gravy but still wan't what I planned. :laugh:
    Ha ha! I'll bet your husband was bummed!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Calling all MFP addicts, i'll go first

Hello My name is Aid and i'm a MFPaholic, its been 67 days since my last burger :happy:
  • sandara

Hello My name is Aid and i'm a MFPaholic, its been 67 days since my last burger :happy:

Hi! I'm an MFPaholic too! It's been over 30 days since my last fat pizza! :bigsmile:
  • sandara
    Ha ha! I'll bet your husband was bummed!

Yep! He doesn't do veggies! Gonna catch up with him one day too! :laugh:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Yep.
    I'm addicted too.
    I come here everyday.
    :bigsmile:
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member

LOL! Okay, I'll play too.

Hello, my name is Magdalene and I'm a MFPaholic. It's been 146 days since my last cheeseburger. :noway: