Hi I am new to MFP!

I did weight watchers last year and lost about 30 lbs, unfortunately I gain almost all of it back and I couldn't afford to renew with WW. So I went in search of something else, when I found MFP I was very surprised at the similarities in the two. I actually think I like MFP better not only because its free but its easier to use. Now help me loose this weight I have to go to the beach with my sons baseball team in July, I do not want to be the fat Momma!

Replies

• Welcome to MFP!!! I joined in mid Jan and I love it. Add me if you would like.
  • jaebennetti
    jaebennetti Posts: 44 Member
    Welcome and add me if you want.
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Welcome! If you need motivation and a friend, please feel free to add me!
  • Welcome to MFP! You're more than welcome to add me :)
  • val95kb
    val95kb Posts: 24 Member
    I used to do WW too, and now I am am an avid MFP user too! I think it was a smart decision to change! Everyone can feel free to add me! :)
  • Welcome to MFP. I just started in early Jan. and so far I love it. Please feel free to add me!
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    I also joined because I could no longer afford the program I was doing. I have been very surprised and excited that this is a more successful plan. The people here are great!! Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • natashalh1998
    natashalh1998 Posts: 56 Member
    Welcome to MFP! You can find so much support from this site, the friends I have made on here are true inspirations! Feel free to add me, I log daily and support the best I can :)
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Hello and welcome!!! I am older than you but please feel free to check out my profile and add me if you would like to. I love getting new friends no matter the age and motivating, supporting and encouraging others. You can do this and this site and all the pals are WONDERFUL!!!

Hugs
    Bev
  • dmgelinas
    dmgelinas Posts: 36 Member
    Feel free to add me (anyone) if you want some support!
    Good luck!
    "Suck it up, or suck it in!"
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Welcome, you don't need a program like WW, it is really not very hard. Just 3 simple rules:

1) Just eat lean protean, veggies, fruit. Avoid starches, limit grains to whole grains. Eat real food - don;t eat anything out of a box

2) Exercise. Vary the type and intensity. I do something every day (even on my "rest" days I do something low intensity like walk)

3) Don't think of it as a diet, think of it as a lifestyle change - this is the key to long term success.
  • Welcome! I am new here, too, just started this week! Feel free to add me (anyone!). Good luck to us!!!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Welcome. Feel free to add if you wish.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    love MFP <3

Anyone can feel free to add me if they like :drinker:
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Hi and welcome. You will love MFP. Full of great support and wonderful friends. Feel free to add me.
  • EmmaLA16
    EmmaLA16 Posts: 94 Member
    Hi, I am new too, feel free to ad me.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Hello! I have been on MFP for about a month and would love motivational friends! You and anyone else, feel free to add me!
  • haleeodessa
    haleeodessa Posts: 10 Member
    Hey I just signed up at the beginning of January. Add me if you like!!

34571454.png
  • katieveen
    katieveen Posts: 1 Member
    I love MFP, although I dont often weigh in just use it as a checking tool. Hope it works for you!