cardio and weight

After warm ups and stretches is it better to start with weights then go to the treadmill? I just want to be able to use my energy wisely and get the best results that I can.

Replies

• AngelicDevil80
    AngelicDevil80 Posts: 64 Member
    After warm ups and stretches is it better to start with weights then go to the treadmill? I just want to be able to use my energy wisely and get the best results that I can.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    very good question... i do my weights then treadmill.. i feel i can actually go longer after i did my strenght training...
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    There has been discussions on this subject, and lots of opinion but in the end I think it's up to you. Some people like to get the weights over with because they don't like it and won't do it if they do cardio first, and some people like to do cardio first to get their bodies warmed up. Either way it's up to you and what motivates you. Personally, I like to do weights first as my muscles are tight after lifting, then I'll do cardio as a way to loosen them back up, then stretch again after.

As long as you do both and you're comfortable with what you're doing, I don't think it matters.
  • AngelicDevil80
    AngelicDevil80 Posts: 64 Member
    My brother said to do weights first so you arent as tired and dont do much with the weights. It seems to make more sense after hearing at least 3 people say basically the same thing. I dont care which order except that I want to get the max workout and not one more then the other. Thanks for answering me. :happy:
  • chimpoco
    chimpoco Posts: 193
    I had a trainer and he made me do at least 15 minutes of cardio before weights to warm up.
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    i have a lot of problems with muscle fatigue etc and muscle spasiums so i always do cardio as a warm-up
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    I like intervals. 10-20 cardio, 30 weights(upper body), 10-20 cardio, 30 weights (lower body), finish with abs.
    You won't get bored and you can keep your heath rate up for longer. You can then change cardio at each interval and add or change the length.
    Always start with light cardio to warm up the muscles. Not static stretches (moves you hold) this tires the muscle too soon.
    Keep changing your routine for variety and to keep it interesting.
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    THAT IS WHAT I DO. ROTATE FROM ONE WORKOUT TO ANOTHER SO IT WON'T BE TIRING.:wink: