• hibble
    hibble Posts: 20 Member
    bump
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Thanks for sharing!
  • oDapho
    oDapho Posts: 50
    Ughh I just realized she already mentioned tofu. Oh well. Trying it today. :D
  • Ughh I just realized she already mentioned tofu. Oh well. Trying it today. :D

Hope you like it! :)
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    wanted to clarify that it is 2TBSP sesame oil?

I just made it with 3/4 TBSP and the sauce is so delish..marinating now..but wanted to double check on the amount you wrote down.
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Thanks
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Okay..just made and ate this.. the kids even loved it.. it is a hit in this house.. it was already requested for again on Wed.. LOL..
  • silvereve
    silvereve Posts: 69 Member
    thanks
  • eikito
    eikito Posts: 114 Member
    Thanks!! I haven't had Bulgogi in 14-15 years, will definitely be making this! Cheers!!!:bigsmile:
  • wanted to clarify that it is 2TBSP sesame oil?

I just made it with 3/4 TBSP and the sauce is so delish..marinating now..but wanted to double check on the amount you wrote down.

Yes, it's definitely 2 tbsp of sesame oil!
    Okay..just made and ate this.. the kids even loved it.. it is a hit in this house.. it was already requested for again on Wed.. LOL..

So happy to hear!! :)
  • GiggleFitGriddle
    GiggleFitGriddle Posts: 24 Member
    bump
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    I have had a few people asking me for this recipe, so I thought I would share it with you here! This is hands-down the best bulgogi I have had - wayyy better than anything you could get in a restaurant.

I typically use chicken, as it's healthier and I don't typically eat a ton of red meat. If you choose to do the chicken version, just use 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts in place of the beef. This tastes great with extra firm tofu (cubed), as well!

You can also use this marinade as a stir fry base (to die for!). Just use 2 chicken breasts and lots of veggies!

BULGOGI (Korean beef)
    Serves 4

1 pound beef boneless top loin or sirloin -- trimmed of fat cut, diagonally across grain
    1/8 inch slices

¼ cup soy sauce (use low-sodium for a healthier option)
    3 tablespoons sugar (you can use honey or a few packets of 0 calorie sweetener, if you'd like)
    2 tablespoons sesame oil
    ¼ teaspoon pepper
    3 green onions -- finely chopped
    2 cloves garlic -- chopped
    1 tablespoon optional sesame seeds -- optional add to above (I don't usually add these)

Mix ingredients and pour over meat. Stir beef into marinade until well coated. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.

Best grilled over a charcoal fire (fish rack or other rack that prevents beef from falling into fire is necessary) May also be oven broiled, pan-fried or stir-fried.

Nutrition Info

Beef Version ~ Calories = 391; Carbs = 11; Fat = 33; Protein = 18

Chicken Version ~ Calories = 211; Carbs = 11; Fat = 8; Protein = 28

Bump this to save for later!

Yummy! It is full of Deliciousness! Thanks for sharing your low calorie recipe idea! Have a blessed and prosperous day! † ♥♥HUGS♥♥

Elephantbutt.gif
    Elephantbutt.gif
    Elephantbutt.gif
  • bump

• Bump this to save for later!

Yummy! It is full of Deliciousness! Thanks for sharing your low calorie recipe idea! Have a blessed and prosperous day! † ♥♥HUGS♥♥

Elephantbutt.gif
    Elephantbutt.gif
    Elephantbutt.gif

My pleasure, and same to you! :)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Thanks for posting!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Bump omg this sounds good