Finger food help!

Options
2»

Replies

• naesdestiny
    naesdestiny Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Not sure how healthy this is but I know you can buy Fat Free Cream Cheese but.......

take a slice of Danish Ham, spread Cream Cheese on it, and put a dill pickle in it. Roll it up and cut it into how ever many pieces you can. That is a great snack and not too fattening. It doesn't sound or look appealing but it tastes Sooooooo good! I promise!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Not sure how healthy this is but I know you can buy Fat Free Cream Cheese but.......

take a slice of Danish Ham, spread Cream Cheese on it, and put a dill pickle in it. Roll it up and cut it into how ever many pieces you can. That is a great snack and not too fattening. It doesn't sound or look appealing but it tastes Sooooooo good! I promise!

OMG I totally forgot about these! They were favorite baby shower snacks in my circle of friends several years back. Again, I could eat the whole tray.... :laugh:
  • naesdestiny
    naesdestiny Posts: 677 Member
    Options

OMG I totally forgot about these! They were favorite baby shower snacks in my circle of friends several years back. Again, I could eat the whole tray.... :laugh:

I know! My best friends mom taught me this little recipe and it was wonderful!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

I know! My best friends mom taught me this little recipe and it was wonderful!

what's danish ham?
  • Lesley1962
    Lesley1962 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Take half boiled eggs, scoop out the yolk and mash with a low fat mayo and paprika or chilli powder to a piping consistancy. Pipe back into empty egg white cases and top mashed chilli yolk with a curl of cucumber. Sprinkle over a little paprika to serve.

Easy to prepare in advance, low fat/cal and rather delicious on a buffet table!

Enjoy the Graduation and after..

L:)
  • Tanya761
    Tanya761 Posts: 146
    Options
    I just made a fruit dip for the 1st time on Mother's day and it turned out awesome! Less cals than typical fruit dips, and the greek yogurt adds TONS of protein!

Vanilla Fruit Dip

1c Greek Yogurt, plain
    2 Tbsp Brown Sugar (You could use Splenda Brown Sugar to make it less cals....I just didn't have any)
    1 tsp Vanilla Extract (I used 2 tsp, I thought it needed more flavour)

Take vanilla and put in a coffee filter, and set that in a strainer sitting on top of a bowl. Let drain at least 20 mins (This makes the dip thicker). If you don't have time, that is fine, your dip will just be a bit runnier. Then, take out yogurt and put in a bowl, adding the next 2 ingredients and stir well, until sugar is dissolved. This is better if made a day in advance, the flavor is better, but it can be made the same day.
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=125156

I'm eager to try this one out. If you use it- let me know how it turns out. :bigsmile:
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I like FF sour cream mixed with a package of dry onion mix. Might be empty calories but sure tastes just as great as the full fat kind!! (Just make sure to buy the good sour cream not store brand or you CAN taste it.. bleh).

Pair with some veggies or maybe baked chips and voila! Finger food.
  • Carrie_D
    Carrie_D Posts: 120
    Options
    Try this stuffed zucchini recipe. They are delicious!! They can be cut into bite size pieces! Totally irresistable!

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipes/rachael-ray-30-minute-meals/Mama-Elsa-s-Stuffed-Zucchini
  • immacookie
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=125156

I'm eager to try this one out. If you use it- let me know how it turns out. :bigsmile:

I have a similar recipe at home that I made for the SuperBowl party, man I'm forgetting about all these good things.

I'll try to dig out the recipe I used tonight!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I made this recently for a group that I had for dinner, and everyone loved it. I couldn't afford the blueberries and raspberries, so I used red grapes cut in half and drained an individual sized mandarin oranges.
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Mixed-Berry-Pizza
  • immacookie
    Options
    Not sure where I got this (I *think* it may have been posted on here somewhere... so my apologies if I'm stealing your recipe :wink: )

Spinach Artichoke Dip

2 cups canned/jarred artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained (I saved about 1/4 cup of the marinating liquid they were packed in to use in the dip)
    3/4 cup canned cannellini/white beans, rinsed and drained
    1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained/pressed
    2 TBL fat free sour cream
    2 TBL fat free ricotta cheese
    4 TBL grated Parm Cheese
    1/2 tsp olive oil
    1 clove garlic minced (I used 1 TBL of the pre-minced stuff in the jar, but I like garlic LOL)

Preheat oven to 350
    Combine 1 cup artichokes, beans, spinach, 2 TBL parm cheese, sour cream, ricotta, olive oil and garlic in food processor or blender, pulse until almost smooth (I added the 1/4 cup of artichoke marinating liquid too)
    Roughly chop the remaining artichoke hearts (I gave them about 2 whirls in the processor) and stir into the puree
    Spread mixture into a 8x8 baking pan and top with remaining 2 TBL parm cheese
    Bake 30-45 min until bubbly - turn on broiler for last 3-5 min to lightly brown cheese on top
    Serve hot with tortilla chips and veggies
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Some amazing recipes - thank you all!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Hey Chrissy- did you try the Spinich artichoke dip? Was it amazing?