Info pls - flax/chia seeds ;-)

Options
I've been hearing so much about these! I'm now in the process of going Organic and hopefully soon Gluten free!! I suffer from Fibromyalgia and trying to find a way to feeling better w/o meds!! Same with my 10 yr old!!

How has these helped you out?? Anything else like these?? :blushing:

Thanks! :wink:

Replies

• MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chia seeds. I bought them for the first time a couple weeks ago. So many great health benefits such as Omega-3's! I put them in my protein shakes and in my yogurt. There are other things you can do with them, but I haven't tried any yet.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I use flax seeds in my oatmeal and for making pancakes out of protein powder.
  • susanahanstock
    susanahanstock Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle flax seeds in my breakfast cereals.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I make a "pudding" with them, combining them with coconut milk, silken tofu, with some berries/bananas thrown in. Just started using them on a more regular basis, so can't comment on benefits just yet
  • nicosuave2013
    nicosuave2013 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i put a tbsp of flax in my shakes
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I use a tablespoon of each in my daily smoothies. They are tiny little nutrition bombs :) It'shard to say which is better than the other--they are similar but not the same--but chia has the slight advantage in that it doesn't need to be ground before using. Flax seeds have a really tough outer shell and if you don't grind them first, they'll just pass through you with no benefit. Additionally, the ground seeds only keep for a week or so--and should be kept in the fridge--until they can begin to go rancid. Both are mild enough to use in baking or sprinkling on yogurt, cereal, salads, etc. Definitely fine additions to a healthy diet. :)