"No Exuses" wii motivate thread

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I just did the running for the first time. I am looking forward to running a 5k in my living room sometime soon. Actually, since I tried out all of the running options, I am pretty sure I already did, but I will make it consecutive.
  • CP_9712
    CP_9712 Posts: 25 Member
    You guys motivate me. =D

I'm going to start Wii active 2 9 week challenge tomorrow. I was previously doing a 3 week but I injured my hip really bad (got some strong pain killers) So I took a few weeks to let it fully heal. Its past time I get back in the game. I just wish the active's work outs were longer. I'll probably supplement with some wii fit. I really enjoy island cycling and I seem to get a good work out from it.

ANYWAYS I'll post back tomorrow after my work out!

Feel free to add me (anyone ... I need friends ..... )
  • concordancia
    You guys motivate me. =D

I'm going to start Wii active 2 9 week challenge tomorrow. I was previously doing a 3 week but I injured my hip really bad (got some strong pain killers) So I took a few weeks to let it fully heal. Its past time I get back in the game. I just wish the active's work outs were longer. I'll probably supplement with some wii fit. I really enjoy island cycling and I seem to get a good work out from it.

ANYWAYS I'll post back tomorrow after my work out!

Feel free to add me (anyone ... I need friends ..... )

If you are still concerned with you hip, you can get a sitting aerobic work out with Wii sports boxing and resorts cycling.
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    I dusted off my Wii Fit Plus for it's first use since October 2011!

Did 10 minutes of the Free Step in the faster past and then did 25 minutes of various activities ranging from lunges to heading soccer balls. Totally forgot how much fun this thing was and can't wait to use it on a more regular basis!
  • CP_9712
    I'm back!! I did the wii active 9 week challenge day 1 on medium difficulty.

My hip is fine, It hurt a little bit while I did the single leg over but it wasn't bad. Its pretty much healed and I think the stretching will really help it. But thanks for the suggestion. If I get injured in my lower extremities I'll defiantly try that!

I posted some "before" pics on my blog today. I'm going to post some after each cycle to see the difference.
    Here's the link if anyone wants to see how fat I am! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/CP_9712
  • concordancia
    Everybody is doing great!

My Active just came last week. I put the leg strap on with really short shorts and stabbed my thigh with the extra velcro that I hadn't noticed. I am finally over the trauma and thinking of starting the 30 day challenge tomorrow. With Capri pants. I also have the more workouts game for when I get bored with that.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Wasn't feeling like working out but bit the bullet and did a full-length class of Wii Zumba Fitness Core. Burned an awesome 570-some calories (according to the game) and I feel great! And my migraine is finally gone. YAY!!!
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Wasn't feeling like working out but bit the bullet and did a full-length class of Wii Zumba Fitness Core. Burned an awesome 570-some calories (according to the game) and I feel great! And my migraine is finally gone. YAY!!!

Awesome!
  • concordancia
    There, since I said it here, I put on the Active and started the thirty day challenge! Thanks for all your inspiring workouts!
  • CP_9712
    Alright, Did my Day 2 of the 9 week. (158 calories burned)

Congrats on getting started concordancia! Try to do some before / after pics!
  • Great to see so many posts, you guys are all doing awesome!!

Meanwhile the starter of the thread, not so good lol

Yesterday i got back on track with 401 cals on treadmill and cross trainer. Plus rode the horse for 40 min

Today it been pretty warm here, 35 degrees. I managed to get the horse worked before it got to hot. Will take the dog out for a walk when it cools down tonight.
  • concordancia
    That must be 35C and dang, is that hot. We spend several months in that range, and I only go out to go to the pool or the lake.

Day two on the Active. The straps gave me rope burn on the shoulder exercises :( I am using a tube instead of the resistance band, but the straps seem to be the same webbing. Maybe I just have very delicate hands. Or, maybe I should wear the sailing gloves.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    There's nothing like a good game of Wii Tennis and smacking the ball around to let go of some stress! My pro level is about 2200 - what's yours?

Unfortunately, tennis doesn't get my heart pumping enough to call it a workout but it's still fun and I use it to warm up.

I just bought Active but haven't used it yet.
  • Another warm day here today so i took my 4yr old to the beach and spent a lot of time running in the water dragging him on a boogie board!! Finished with working my horse on the ground for nearly an hour and then rode for another 40 mins. No idea how many cals i burned but my legs are aching now!!

Weather a bit better for the next 2 days , back to 30 degrees, so hopefully i can get the wii on. Really wish we had air con, luckily we dont get to many days of the high 30's
  • concordancia
    That sounds great, mazclark! Even more fun than the Wiii.

Since EA Active works a lot of the same muscles in each workout, today is my rest day from that. I did a bit of Fit and a lot of Zumba. It was my first time on expert and my man was eating breakfast. Either I looked better than I felt or he really is the best man in the world because he didn't laugh.
  • concordancia
    There's nothing like a good game of Wii Tennis and smacking the ball around to let go of some stress! My pro level is about 2200 - what's yours?

Negative two :( I didn't think it was possibly to be worse at tennis than I am in real life, but I managed it.

I am going try to get up extra early tomorrow to get in an Active workout before we go sailing. The schedule works out well, since the focus will be on legs, and sailing is more about upper body endurance.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member

Negative two :( I didn't think it was possibly to be worse at tennis than I am in real life, but I managed it.

LOL - it does take some practice.

Lots of snow expected this afternoon through tonight here in northeast US (my area is expecting anywhere from 8-14" depending on who you listen to) so I won't be going to the gym, or for my swim, tonight. So it's Wii tonight for me. But I've been working really hard all week so I think I'll just explore my new Active disc.
  • Still haven't managed to drag the wii out!! My mum rang yesterday and said she was having a bbq for lunch today and if i could make the salads and deserts, cause i aparantly do them better!! So after running around the shops to get what i needed, getting home and cooking deserts and part of the salads , and then doing everything else i had to do , i didn't even get out to my own horse! I did make it out to my friends place to help her out with her little horse and walked around her farm, playing with the joeys and the baby deer who are so cute at 3 weeks old!!

Today is another flat out day as Im headed out to ride Monte now, before it gets hot, then i have to get home and put the salads together, decorate the deserts be finished by 12 to take the kids to the parade in the street, then be at mums by 1 and then back into town by 4 for all the fun as our town has a festival every year. Will be a late night finishing with movie in the park and fireworks! So any official exercise doesnt look likely today but im sure ill burn plenty of cals stressing about getting to everything on time lol. Now just to avoid the pavlova and butterscotch cheesecake

Have a great weekend everyone :)
  • concordancia
    I did the EA Active this morning, but as for sailing, how many calories does shivering burn? It was much colder than forecast and quite rainy. We had fun, but this is the earliest we have ever come home.
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    I have been doing the free step, island cycle, and free run for an hour yesterday and today, had an extra rest day this week didn't do Friday as I worked late at work and was too tired when I got home., but i did push myself a little harder on saturday to make up a bit.