153 lbs in 365 days (pics)

Replies

• JanieElise
    JanieElise Posts: 51 Member
    That is amazing! Congrats and God speed for the rest of your life!
  • What a fantastic success story! I am just beginning my journey and am totally inspired. What advice would you give to others? Are there any superfoods (low cal but great impact regarding flavor and/or nutritional value) that you would suggest?
  • Jhergh
    Jhergh Posts: 6 Member
    Its funny because thats how i got started. I was 4'11 and slightly went over 200 pounds (209 to be exact) when i realized that i needed to make a change in my life. Im in the starting stages but i know that this isn't me. When i dreamed as a child of who i wanted to be and what i wanted out of life i never thought it would be this body was holding me back. Needless to say i have the motivation to change my ways. Thank you for giving me a insight on what i can accomplish!!!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    What advice would you give to others?
    Are there any superfoods (low cal but great impact regarding flavor and/or nutritional value) that you would suggest?
    As far as advice, I've told a few close friends to sign up and use MFP.
    Figure out your personal numbers.. what your BMR is, etc. Find a form of exercise that you enjoy, or you won't stick with it.
    Same with food. If you aren't doing something that you can feasibly keep doing for the rest of your life, why pretend to keep it up now?
    Superfoods? I'm sure there are plenty of nutritionally awesome things out there. I eat avocado, blueberries, spinach... etc... but I do it because it's filling and I freaking them. I've seen them pop up on superfood lists before, I think, and if you can work 'em into your diet, awesome. If not, why worry?

Don't look for buzz-words in regarding to what's awesome. What I can recommend for food may not work for you, or you might hate it. Like.. I could eat cottage cheese and hummus with every meal and be happy with it, but if you don't do tahini, chickpeas, or dairy, then it's a moot recommendation.. right?

I don't subscribe to any particular diet. I just eat enough and try to get enough protein, carbs, and fat in my diet.

And above the rest of these recommendations... be patient. Don't expect an instant drop in weight, don't expect it to fall off at a regular interval.

..and when it doesn't drop off, that doesn't mean that you're doing something wrong. Don't beat yourself up if you bust your *kitten* in the gym one night and there's no change on the scale at the next weigh in. Patience is a virtue with the whole process.

ETA: ...and shortcuts? Don't. Just don't even entertain the idea that something that someone is pushing on TV is going to be the savior along the way.
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Congratulations! You have done a wonderful job! And, yes, you should blog - you have a great way of putting the message out! Very entertaining - very, very motivating!!
  • Niivsmom
    Niivsmom Posts: 145
    Rockstar! Your beard is stellar. Great story and perfectly told! Enjoy your life!
  • Amazing job!!! Congratulations! :happy:
  • You are amazing. Congrats! Your post made me laugh and cry! So well written and full of such wonderful information! Keep up the fabulous work!
  • puddinsmom
    puddinsmom Posts: 19 Member
    What a fabulous, well written story!

Thank you for sharing and inspiring me today!

Congrats to you!
  • That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing!
  • veronicarose
    veronicarose Posts: 22 Member
    wow. freaking awesome. good job!
  • kathy53b
    kathy53b Posts: 33 Member
    thank you for sharing your awesome story!!!!!
  • MrsWibbly
    MrsWibbly Posts: 415 Member
    Awesome result - but the best thing is how you describe the decision to start and what kept you going.

I set mini goals and rewards (works for me) and my reward for reaching my next goal is to get fitted for a proper pair of running shoes!!

So many people have said what a difference it makes. I found running by accident and it turns out I really enjoy it!
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Congratulations, very good work.
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Great share!!! Proud of you and wow, do I feel encouraged! Thanks for sharing. Also, where do you go to get fitted for running shoes? Thanks!

I went to a local running store here in central NC. They had me walk/jog through the store without shoes, then with different pairs of shoes... on a treadmill.. then we checked out how off center I am. I knew I was crooked, but eeshh....

12 pairs later, I found out that I needed more support than what I had with the previous shoes. All. the. difference. in. the. world.

Thank you so much. Good to know what I will have to mentally prepared for also as I go. Keep inspiring!!
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Congrats!! What an accomplishment but to tell you the truth you had me at the Boston Terrier pic. :) Keep up the great work!!
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    So damn awesome!!!
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Brilliant, funny, honest and compelling.

You guys rock.
  • diamier
    diamier Posts: 66 Member
    That was... VERY AMAZINGLY INTERESTING STORY! Thanks for sharing! You rock!!!
  • mommy2maddox
    mommy2maddox Posts: 141 Member
    Beautifully written, incredibly inspirational and a damn cute dog! (I have a Boston and she's the best dog I've ever had!) Thank you for sharing this. I think I needed to read this today, right now. It is good remind myself that I'm the only one that can do this for myself. Thank you for your candor. Thank you for your humor and for telling us about the life you are living. You and your wife have a lot to be proud of.

Now, go eat some cake for me. ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!