Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-in -November 30

NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
It's Friday again! Time to get ready for the weekend and plan for our more creative exercise options. It's supposed to start snowing tonight so I'll have to think of a creative indoor activity but it will be fun trying to come up with something! What fun exercise will you do this weekend?

Last night I did 15 min of warm-up & cool-down, the 20 min Biggest Loser Strenght & Sculpt workout, and I did 15 min of high intensity on my bike. I managed 3 of my 4 commited days of weights this week - a much better showing than I have been doing. I'll really aim for the 4 days this week! Today was my weigh in day and I lost another 2lbs so now I'm up to 25lbs lost! I'm pretty excited about that. I still really want to lose another 7.5lbs by Christmas as that will put me half way to my goal weight. All I can do is keep doing what I'm doing and see where it leads me!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

ps THANK YOU Katie for your comment on my picture yesterday. :blushing: Is it bad when I look in the mirror and *I* think I'm looking pretty good?! I obviously have a long way to go but I'm pretty sure I haven't been at this weight since I got married almost 15 years ago. Glad to have you back Katie!

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    It's Friday again! Time to get ready for the weekend and plan for our more creative exercise options. It's supposed to start snowing tonight so I'll have to think of a creative indoor activity but it will be fun trying to come up with something! What fun exercise will you do this weekend?

Last night I did 15 min of warm-up & cool-down, the 20 min Biggest Loser Strenght & Sculpt workout, and I did 15 min of high intensity on my bike. I managed 3 of my 4 commited days of weights this week - a much better showing than I have been doing. I'll really aim for the 4 days this week! Today was my weigh in day and I lost another 2lbs so now I'm up to 25lbs lost! I'm pretty excited about that. I still really want to lose another 7.5lbs by Christmas as that will put me half way to my goal weight. All I can do is keep doing what I'm doing and see where it leads me!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole

ps THANK YOU Katie for your comment on my picture yesterday. :blushing: Is it bad when I look in the mirror and *I* think I'm looking pretty good?! I obviously have a long way to go but I'm pretty sure I haven't been at this weight since I got married almost 15 years ago. Glad to have you back Katie!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    I reached my first goal of under 200-199.6. Not much under, but under none the less. I did my Pilates & rode my bike 8 miles yesterday & then did my Bowflex routine & rode my bike 10 miles this am. I'm actually going to treat myself to a new outfit to wear out tonight. Celebrating my son's 25th birthday...Heck I might even get some new shoes!:blushing:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Yesterday was 45 minutes elliptical, 1 mile walk, and 25 minutes on weights.

I've really been pushing myself on the weights, so I'm going to take it easy today. I hate abs, so I might do some of those, since I slacked off on those yesterday. Going for Greek food tonight, so I'll see how many calories I need to burn. Warm pita and cold hummus, yum. And I don't even like baklava, so all is safe there.

This weekend will be more of the same, as my gym doesn't offer many classes on weekends. I did go to Half Price Books and get a bunch of videos for a dollar. If you still have a VHS, you can get great deals. Maybe I'll do one of those.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Hi everyone.
    I WAS going to go to a friends house tomarrow night for her GIRLS ONLY Christmas party.
    But me are expecting ice all day Sat. So I am thinking that I am staying home. :ohwell:
    But I will take that time to do extra workouts that I sometimes miss on the weekends.
    Extra motivation, This morning I was down a whole pound from yesterday! Weeeeeeeeeeee HAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW
    Last night I walk/ran on the T/M for an hour and a half. So that MIGHT have SOMETHING to DO with it. :wink:
    Tonight is the company Christmas party, and I am wondering what type of food is going to be there.
    I will be munching on carrots before Michael and I leave the house however. Stave off hunger pain.
    If I can get with the kids and help with the Santa thing, then I might not be grazing at the buffet table.:tongue::devil:
    --Diann...
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I am not weighing in until Dec 2. Time of month.
    yesterday 2 hour swim
    today is open, I am working out with a friend, so I will figure out when I get there. Work out will be at least 1.5 hours
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Hi ladies!!! I'm so glad it's FRIDAY! I had a decent workout this morning. I did a 1 hr spinning class and then about 20 to 25 min of weights. I just got back from a fast 1 mile walk with my dog. I am feeling great about this weekend because we don't have any parties or dinners or anything. Tomorrow I am going for a run and then on Sunday my husband is golfing, so I'm planning on going to yoga and taking my dog out and about. I have a goal of loosing 5 pounds by Christmas, but I had a rough 2 weeks, so I am afraid to even get on the scale. Maybe next week.

Niccole, you are my inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 25 POUNDS??? That is just incredible. I used to go to a weight watchers and every time you lost weight they'd equate it to food. So when I think of 25 pounds, I think of 5 of those giant buckets of water. That is so awesome, girl!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Well you are all beating the pants off me. My friend came home with a stability ball so we worked out on that for awhile boy was that funny. So about 20-30 minutes of upper and lower body workouts. Guess I will go out for a walk this afternoon,as I have been slacking on that this week. Hey if you want a different kind of exercise that will sculpt your waist try a belly dancing video. I enjoy mine. If you really want to have some fun with it go whole hog and buy a hip scarf with all the little jingly coins on it. My girls and I have so much fun with this.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    I have decided I'm taking the weekend off, I really do need a break I think from behaving so strictly, so I told myself I have to do something good Thursday and Friday.

Thursday
    1 hr medium cardio
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    I reached my first goal of under 200-199.6. Not much under, but under none the less. I did my Pilates & rode my bike 8 miles yesterday & then did my Bowflex routine & rode my bike 10 miles this am. I'm actually going to treat myself to a new outfit to wear out tonight. Celebrating my son's 25th birthday...Heck I might even get some new shoes!:blushing:

This is so great! Isn't it the BEST when you have a goal in mind and then you reach it? Keep up the good work!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Today is my hour spin class, and I'll walk either there or back (20 minutes). It is freezing and windy today, and I already walked 20 minutes today.

I'll also try to get in 20 minutes of upper body strength stuff.

:flowerforyou:
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Just found out that I'm going to be in a wedding (probably next year, but it'll come soon), so I need to kick it up!

I did 63 minutes in boot camp today with my trainer. I do about 60-70 minutes of boot camp 3-4 times per week and cardio 45-60 min. twice a week, so my calories burned are good...just need to stay away from the sugar!

Since October 29th, I've lost 13 lbs, so I'm well on my way to the goal of 15 lbs by Christmas. Nice to need to set a new goal!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    60 min total: 30 upper/core, 30 lower/core.

Merry Early Christmas to all of you hitting your goals. I feel like you're each giving me a gift by reading your posts. Thanks to all of you for amazing motivation!

p.s. to everyone stuck in by the weather and worrying about workouts, get that holiday scrub down done now! (windows, floors, etc.) Tthose are extra intense cleaning jobs that make you use seldom used muscles! I'm almost done playing "elf" and need to clean before we put up our tree & decorations. Hauling an artificial tree piece by piece down from the attic is definitely exercise!:happy:
  • :flowerforyou: hi , ihad the most beautifull walk today:happy: ! I live near L A in the dessert, less rain . but today we had the most beautyfull showers :bigsmile: .
    I walked for 70 minutes with my daughter in the rain and it was just wonderfull:smile: . we just stopped bcs of the 2 cups of water we drank before....................... the combination with the rain and the gushing water in the streets wasn't a good combination:blushing:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member

Congratulations!!
    Isn’t that a wonderful feeling!
    I squealed, hooted and hollered when I got under 200 pounds.
    You go girl….get those shoes too. You earned them. :drinker:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    It has been several days maybe even a couple of weeks since I have done anything. I am having health issues right now.
    My plan is to get back on my treadmill tomorrow and walk everyday this week as much as I can without overdoing it. I hope to have a loss by this time next week.