Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

I have nothing against bariatric surgery. I had one done myself, but after 10 years of problems with no weight loss because of said problems, it was finally reversed and I feel amazing, like I am human again!

I am now looking at losing 100+ pounds, and would love to hear from anyone who has done it without surgery. Pictures would be AWESOME!

Thank you in advance! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• purplesparklies
    purplesparklies Posts: 20 Member
    I lost just over 100 lbs. in 2012. Have approx. 30 lbs. to go maybe? Will know it when I get there. I eat back every single one of my exercise calories and sometimes more and sweat everyday. :-) You can do it!
  • purplesparklies
    purplesparklies Posts: 20 Member
    Sweetpea129 - you look AMAZING! Good for you! Enjoy it!
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Hi i've lost 110 pounds without surgery, I still have 40 ish pounds to lose. xx
  • midnite81
    midnite81 Posts: 162 Member
    I've lost 104 lbs without surgery. Still got about another 50 to go.
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    About 135 pounds using Medifast. I know... evil, unhealthy, low calorie diet. I'm sure I am going to die at any moment and gain all the weight back.

Actually I've never felt better.

Pictures...
    http://blogs.medifastcommunity.com//Photos/DavidC1857/Default.aspx
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Me! I can't post pictures either but I did it in a year with watching what I eat and walking. That was 6 years and two babies ago and I have kept the weight off. Now I am really into fitness and work out much more than walking but I have successfully maintained. It just takes patience and determination. You can do it too. Good luck!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    I'm not far off, 91.4lb down, won't be long as I'm currently losing around 2lb per week eating 1810 cals :drinker:
    b7db1220-7e0a-4105-86e8-5a6c59747bda.jpg
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    I've lost 127 pounds without surgery. About 12 more to go. Except now I'm more focused on toning and rebuilding the muscle I lost with rapid weightloss.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Yep, there's loads of us on here :smile:
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    I've lost 101 lbs (45.7 kg) since the middle of March last year (so around 11 months). No surgery. Just consistent logging of food and exercise.

I have not eaten "clean", I have not cut out eating out a restaurants and cafes, but I have been consistent and honest and logged EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. I went from literally not being able to walk to my letterbox to being able to run 7km. I have just started to add a serious weights routine to my exercise program to compliment the cardio and that''s been great.

According to the BMI I still have another 20 kg to go (another 50 lbs?) but I don't want to be that skinny, mostly because I have been working on building my muscles and becoming stronger and I would be TOO thin and unhealthy for me at that weight and my height. I am aiming to lose another 5-10 kg (12-30 lbs?) and plan on doing it the same way I have done it so far.

Get yourself a heart rate monitor (I got the Polar FT7 - waterproof - can wear it swimming) for accurate calorie burns through exercise. I know that made me feel SO much more confident in eating back my calories burned through exercise. It also made me work out harder to see those numbers rise in real time.

You can do it. OP, feel free to FR me if you would like.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    I've lost 111 since mid May. I have some pics on you profile. Feel free to look :)
  • mizzthang
    mizzthang Posts: 56 Member
    CHANGE.jpg
    [/quote]
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    I lost over 100lbs without surgery or fad diets
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    I've lost almost 120 and am almost under the magical 200 lb line. No surgery, although I certainly considered it at my heaviest.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to post pictures, but there are some before and during pictures in my profile :-)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    I'm at 92.4lbs so very nearly there. I got turned down for surgery. It was the best thing to ever happen to me. On my pictures is a before picture. All healthy eating and exercise when I've been able to. (had major surgery and also have fybromyalgia so it's sporadic!)

I did the counselling and the CBT therapy, got myself right mentally and important found out what macros worked for me. This is a way of life for me now and I love it!

Zara x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!