Anyone up for an 8 week challenge?

Replies

• iris6466
    iris6466 Posts: 16
    Hello everyone,

Didn't do well this week. Really stressed out. I walked everyday but didn't log in my food everyday. ate bad things too:( I'll be back on track this week!!!!!!!!
  • Last night I had a craving for a late night snack after coming home from a movie (where I passed on the popcorn and felt good about doing it), but I had already gone slightly over my calories for the day. So I asked myself if I was going to be serious about a lifestyle change, or if I was going to go back to my old habit of snacking on whatever before bed. I decided to really give myself a chance to see a change, and just drank some water and went to bed.... and this morning (and this whole week when I haven't been consuming empty calories late at night) I've woken up feeling great!

Let's keep this challange going! Good work everyone!
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Last night I had a craving for a late night snack after coming home from a movie (where I passed on the popcorn and felt good about doing it), but I had already gone slightly over my calories for the day. So I asked myself if I was going to be serious about a lifestyle change, or if I was going to go back to my old habit of snacking on whatever before bed. I decided to really give myself a chance to see a change, and just drank some water and went to bed.... and this morning (and this whole week when I haven't been consuming empty calories late at night) I've woken up feeling great!

Let's keep this challange going! Good work everyone!

That's great! I've had this same conversation with myself several times in the last few weeks. I find that drinking plenty of water throughout the day really helps keep my hunger under control.
  • hepkitty
    hepkitty Posts: 133
    So pretty much a fail week for me. I didn't go for any runs this week, but to be fair I have 2 excuses - first of all I went backpacking in the weekend so was lugging a pack round for 3 days for about 4 hours a day, so it's not that I'm not getting exercise :) Second, some silly girl fell asleep while driving down my street and totalled my car (I wasn't in it thank goodness!) so I have been sorting alternate transport this week and catching buses / carpooling means I get home quite a bit later than usual.

So not good reasons but I'm keen to brush it off and keep going. There's a half marathon coming up in 6 weeks in my city (as well as a 10K) so I think I will sign up for one of the two for some added motivation!

In terms of weight loss, I am still in the green from my starting weight but gained this week (no idea why) so I'm now 156.9. Hoping it's muscle from all the tramping (I measure myself Sundays so will hopefully see some decrease!)

Hope everyone else has gone a bit better this week than I have!
  • bssngrl
    bssngrl Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in!

1. I will report everything I eat for 8 weeks.
    2. I will excercise at least 60 min 4 times a week.
    3. I will be a size 14!
  • ccgisme
    Happy Friday Everyone!

Welcome to all of our recent arrivals! As you may have noticed, Fridays are our official check in day.

This has been a good week. I only dropped 1.4 pounds (what am I saying "only" progress is progress!) but I did finally drop a second pant size. I also met my goal to exercising for 30 minutes 6 days per week.

Tomorrow is W2 D3 of C25K and I started lifting weights again - nothing extreme, just the basics to round out my fitness program.

Tuesday is my flag football team's first game. We're all in our 30's and we'll be playing against a bunch of 18-24 year olds. Should be interesting! We'll see if experience and cunning can triumph over youth :laugh:

I hope you are all doing well!

Chris
  • who922
    who922 Posts: 26 Member
    It was a great week for me!!! I lost 9 lbs and recorded my food every day. I made it to workout every morning. 4:55 is really early.... I am planning on starting Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred to see if I can get more cardio. I need to stay on top of it. I have a BIG 50th wedding anniversary party for my in-laws next weekend and the food will not be low calorie!
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Im for it!
    I will continue walking my 40 minutes 5 days a week whether the weather or whatever!!
    I will honestly log my food for the next 8 weeks
    I will fit in those pants I've had sitting in my closet for over a year
    I will walk instead of drive those short distances for the next 8 weeks
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Pretty good week for me. I lost 2.5 lbs and I think I'm finally over my plateau. WOOHOO
  • Friday update:

Definitely not one of my strongest weeks! Was only able to exercise once during the work week!... and didn't do very well on my goal of no late night snacking... 2 out of the 5 days this week I did...

Going to go to the gym after work today so I will weigh myself then and get at least another work out in this week. I know everyone has off days, so keep reminding myself to just stick with it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • mia66
    mia66 Posts: 425
    Friday May 7 update.

This was my first week of this challenge and I did really well.

Drink 5 cups of water a day. DONE
    Do extra ab and lower back exercises every day. DONE.
    Eat at least 2 RAW vegies a day ( besides my salad ). DONE.

This has been a great challenge. Looking forward to more weeks.

368038.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Mia
    EAT LESS MOVE MORE:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Well, I met my goals, but my weight stayed steady. :grumble:
    But I feel good about my workouts this week.
  • CookieJarD
    CookieJarD Posts: 22
    This week I strayed from my routine a bit, but still kept in check with my exercise and eating goals. I dropped a pound, and I am starting to lose the carb cravings! If I can get rid of my sweet tooth with this plan, I will be one happy girl! Looks like everyone is staying committed to this! Keep up the good work, all!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Hey!
    Does it count if a pound is missing today?!?
    yeeehaw!!!!!!!!!!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Now the challenge is to get more to follow! :wink:
  • ccgisme
    Hi All! I'm glad to see so many people sticking with the challenge and so many new people picking it up! It's great.

@Georg - of course it counts! :laugh:

@CookieJarD - isn't it great when the sugar cravings stop. Before MFP, I was eating 3-4 fun sized candy bars every afternoon. Now I eat maybe 2 a week. I still have my moments, but the overwhelming urge for chocolate is gone!

Anyone else notice that they lose weight in fits and spurts - I can have one week where I lose a lot of weight 5+ lbs and the next week my body just wants a break. I'm learning to ride that wave and trying to use it to my advantage. :wink:

Keep up the great work all!
  • ccgisme
    Hi All! it's Friday and time to check in. I hope you all had a great week! For those of you who started during the first week, today is our fourth check in and Sunday marks the 1/2 way point in the 8 weeks. I know a lot of people jumped in later and that's great! :smile: I'm going to let you all track your own 1/2 way milestones.

I had a good week - after going to visit family and over indulging last weekend - mmm, pecan pie! -- I got back on track and managed to lose 2 lbs from my last weigh in. I also exercised 7 days for at least 30 minutes. This morning I finished Wk3 D3 of the C25K program.

I hope you are all having spectacular success!

Chris
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Hi all! I lost 1.5 lbs from last week. I'm down to 170. Lost 6 lbs since the challenge started, so I'm right on track to lose 13 at the end of 8 weeks.
  • ccgisme
    Good for you Hopey!
  • CookieJarD
    CookieJarD Posts: 22
    Hi 8 weekers! This post is a bit late. I was a bit off course this past week. I didn't lose anything (but didn't gain either!) I was under my calorie target each day, but my exercise was non-existent. I turned over that leaf this weekend and hopefully am back on track. I have faith that I can reach my goal, but have had to give myself a good swift kick in the caboose! I walked 4.5 miles yesterday and I did the elliptical machine for 40 minutes today. I like the way I feel afterwards, so I am trying to use that as my motivation.

It looks like there is a lot of great progress out there. Good job, gang!
    Donna
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    I am in as well, I will add this to my Shred challenge!

My goals are 1) to lose ten pounds in eight weeks.
    2) log 20 miles of running per week
    3) Eat six to eight vegetable servings per day
    4) plan one active outing with my family every week

Thank-you so much for the invite and good luck to all!:smile: