S/O name tattoed

15678911»

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    I know a girl that got HER OWN NAME tattooed in the typical "tramp stamp" spot. True story!

I have a nephew who has his full name on both arms in really big letters. I guess its in case he passes our or is so drunk he forgets his name lol
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    For all the supporters of spouse/significant other name tattoos, of course it seems like a great idea when you're still together. Heck, you may, in fact be together for the rest of your lives. That's awesome! But I've never met someone that had a tattoo of their significant other's name that was no longer with them (excluding death) that was still happy with it. That distinction is the point. Skydiving is an awesome activity (and a fantastic idea) for plenty of people that partake without event every year. It's that one time that your chute doesn't open that's gonna mess you up. :laugh:

I should have used better phrasing, when I said "the Curse", it was tongue in cheek. I should've said, "I've noticed a pattern... "

You can't curse destiny. :laugh: :wink:
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    bad bad bad idea
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Nope. Never would.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    I wouldn't again - I spent 5 years looking for another man named Paul......never did find one.

I've been married 24 years - 2nd husband both agree no names except for kids.
  • preslyann50
    preslyann50 Posts: 114 Member
    I didn't get my husband's name tatted on me but he designed/drew my tattoos. That way it still has some meaning of him but if anything happens, they have other meanings too (my children).
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    I never have and I never will. Its a taboo thing to do in the tattoo community, kind of a curse of sorts.

jlaw-okay.gif

Husband has a picture my face tattooed on his chest.
    Looks awesome.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    I have my kids names...those will be the only names on me
  • BigFatToad
    BigFatToad Posts: 4 Member
    My husband and I have matching stick figure drawings of our family that he made for me on a birthday card. They're small and on our ankles. I doubt I'll ever want it off of me, but if we break up then woohoo, I love any excuse to get a new tattoo!
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    I hvemy husbands name tattooed on my wrist along with my childrens names. The way I see it is even if we split, he will always be the father of my children and thus he will be in my life forever.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    If my dog counts as a S/O.. Then yes... Yes I do. On my ribcage. It's her paw print and name above it.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Nope. Only the names of my loin fruits.
  • dawnkykong
    dawnkykong Posts: 64 Member
    I don't have the hubby's name tattoo'd on me but I do have our wedding date. If we ever split, I still don't think I'd regret it. We have two beautiful children together and either way, I'll always love him. It's a part of my story and I wouldn't get it covered up or removed. :)
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Eh I have mine on me and I personally love it. I don't think about having to cover it or get it removed but if I ever did, it would just be closing a chapter in my life and starting a new one with a new tattoo

I have, thrice to be exact. Half my tats are cover ups at this point. And now that hubby and I are splitting, I see another cover up in my near future. Will I do it again though? Probably :)
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    No way! But that's just me, I don't like name tattoos period. I wouldn't even get my kids name.

I wouldn't either. I know people who have their kids' names tattooed on them, and their teenaged kids are now mortified. I would consider getting a tattoo that represented my daughter in some way, but not her name.
  • Yup, inner wrist in Chinese ... at least I hope its his name ... might mean sweetnsour pork or worse :ohwell: ... dunno ... but its cool
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    everyone is different about what to get a tattoo of. me personally would only get something that means something to me, not something/someone I loved.

if you want to get a persons name tatted on you then by all means do so, but it if the relationship ends or your kid turns out to be a serial killer you may have some explaining to do
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Personally, I wouldn't want my hubby's entire name tattooed on me... but that's just a personal style choice. His initials, maybe. Done in a pretty cursive font so that it looked more like a symbol than initials.

My brother has his wife's name tattooed on him in at least 3 different VISIBLE places (he has a LOT of tattoos). His wife also has his name tattooed on her. I actually asked him after he got his first tat with her name if he thought it was a good idea, and he responded "Why? Because someday in the future we might get a divorce? That's stupid. I don't live my life planning around the thought that the woman I'm madly in love with may leave, or that I would leave her. I plan to live my life as if we'll be together forever. To think about the possibility of divorce in the future is more of a bad omen for our relationship than a tattoo could ever be. If I'm expecting a divorce, than I'll always be kind of guarded around her, and I don't want to live like that."

His answer was good enough for me.

What person in their right mind gets married with the intention of getting a divorce (gold-digging, life insurance fraud hustlers excluded)? But the ugly reality is some (many?) marriages and relationships end. There is a difference between being superstitious and being prudent.