"No Exuses" wii motivate thread

123457»

Replies

• I'm going to be doing yoga and muscle workouts on the wii fit.
    I'll go and do some right now, in fact. (:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I'm going to be doing yoga and muscle workouts on the wii fit.
    I'll go and do some right now, in fact. (:

Thanks, you got me moving too. My first expert Zumba class - one more class and I will unlock the zumbathon - and 30 minutes of jogging. Alright, 20 minutes of jog/run intervals and 10 minutes of high knees. I just like how the Wii tells me I can run a 5k in 20 minutes.
  • lol the change from dodging the balls in boxing to Soccer has you heading the ball. I’m too uncoordinated at both. Laughter is still exercise

Getting bored with standard wii fit. Which one should I buy next ?
    Wii fit plus
    Wii Biggest loser
    Wii Jillian Michaels
  • concordancia
    lol the change from dodging the balls in boxing to Soccer has you heading the ball. I’m too uncoordinated at both. Laughter is still exercise

Wii fit plus
    Wii Biggest loser
    Wii Jillian Michaels

If you already have the fit, the fit plus software won't add that much. The newer games are fun, but not much more of a workout. I actually like the EA Active better than the Biggest Loser. There is a lot more variety and if you are willing to invest in resistance bands or tubing you can really keep yourself challenged. And you can get More Workouts for a reasonable price. I just got the original, rather than spending extra on the Active 2.

Now I want to dodge balls, but I let him watch TV.
  • lol the change from dodging the balls in boxing to Soccer has you heading the ball. I’m too uncoordinated at both. Laughter is still exercise

Wii fit plus
    Wii Biggest loser
    Wii Jillian Michaels

The wii fit plus is good but not all that different from the normal wii fit, has more games which are fun to play but dont really get the heart rate going. Few more exercises and stuff but if your bored with the normal one it probably wont take you long to tire from it.
    I havent played the others you mentioned. EA active is another good one

Zumba full class on wii this morning 50 mins 380 cals.

I dont know what has happened this morning but i finally feel like im in the right frame of mind!! Jumped on the wii, had egg white omletter for brekkie and a salad for lunch, finally feels good to just get the head in the right mode. Now to keep going!!! Off for a ride tonight.
  • concordancia
    While I was working out this morning, I was reminded of a concrete reason I like the Ea Active better than Biggest Loser: the transition between exercises is different. With Biggest Loser, you switch the remote from right hand to left hand, in your pocket, etc. with Active, you hold the remote in your right hand at all times, and the nun chuck is either in the leg pocket or in your left hand, it just slides in and out. The only messing around is with the resistance band, and that becomes easier with practice.
  • concordancia
    You know it is a habit when...

I usually do an hour on the Wii, unless we have an activity planned. Today, as I was finishing up my EA Active workout and trying to decide how to finish out the hour, I suddenly remembered that setting up the ballroom plus a couple of hours of dance class will be plenty of activity for the day.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    lol the change from dodging the balls in boxing to Soccer has you heading the ball. I’m too uncoordinated at both. Laughter is still exercise

Wii fit plus
    Wii Biggest loser
    Wii Jillian Michaels

My favorite is the Wii My Fitness Coach program.
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    I have all the Just Dances and I do one them every day for 60 mins. Plus I wear a HRM just to get my calories burned during.

I love it!
  • concordancia
    I did my EA Active this morning, but I am hoping to also get around to that last expert class so that I can unlock Zumbathon and have it available for this weekend!
  • Havent even turned the computer on the last couple of days, been so busy. But have been doing Zumba every morning, burning between 400-500 calories. Having today as a rest day as i just came back from a 3 hr horse ride.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Missed you all. Though we seem to be slowing with the posts. A bad week for me and the Wii. Pulled some muscles in my right shoulder blade area and only did 30 minutes of Wii Fitness Coach on Tuesday and Thursday. Goal is one hour tomorrow, but may do 30 minutes of yoga as part of that.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I have a wii and use wii fit, wii fit plus, active, my fitness coach cardio workout, zumba 1+2. I haven't done them in a while though. I've gotten bored of wii fit. Should I get Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum, Jillian Michaels Fitness: Ultimatum 2010 or something different, I don't like just dance etc?

I really should pick up zumba again.
  • concordancia
    I have a wii and use wii fit, wii fit plus, active, my fitness coach cardio workout, zumba 1+2. I haven't done them in a while though. I've gotten bored of wii fit. Should I get Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum, Jillian Michaels Fitness: Ultimatum 2010 or something different, I don't like just dance etc?

Welcome! I really like EA Active and there is a second game with even more variety if you get bored of the first one. Oops, lookalike you already have that! Sorry for the poor reading comprehension. I also want Golds gym cardio, because I am really enjoying most of the boxing games.

We are planning on walking today, but I might Zumba just in case that doesn't happen.

Jonathon, if you are injured, be sure to get proper rest! Pushing through can put you at risk for further injury or an extended healing period!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member

Welcome! I really like EA Active and there is a second game with even more variety if you get bored of the first one. Oops, lookalike you already have that! Sorry for the poor reading comprehension. I also want Golds gym cardio, because I am really enjoying most of the boxing games.

We are planning on walking today, but I might Zumba just in case that doesn't happen.

Jonathon, if you are injured, be sure to get proper rest! Pushing through can put you at risk for further injury or an extended healing period!

whats the Active second game? Do you mean Active 2 more exercises or whatever it's called, I don't have that.
  • concordancia

whats the Active second game? Do you mean Active 2 more exercises or whatever it's called, I don't have that.

There is a More Workouts. I haven't tried it yet, but I was able to pick it up used at Gamestop. It has a longer challenge than the original and focused ab exercises. It uses the leg strap from the original, not all the other stuff from Active 2, which was mostly just a 2.0 of the original with more techie stuff.

I am currently about half way through the 30 day challenge on Medium. I will probably redo it on hard before I go over to the More Workouts game. I just can't take any more lunges at this point - I really overworked one of my glutes on my last leg day. Talk about PITA!
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Had a couple of eatra rest days this week as we had to go and look after the grandchildren on Friday and Saturday so didn't get my wii out at all, running round after a 1 year old and a 6 year old was exercise enough :-)
    Back on track today though and have done my hour
  • concordancia
    More lunges on EA Active this morning. And hold squats. I am surprised my partner didn't come see what the hollering was about at the end of that last hold squat!

Still haven't figured out if later is going to be a walk or Zumba. Our 5k walk is part of a marathon course today, so we won't be going near that!
  • Took the kids to the beach yesterday, stopped in at a bushwalk on the way, only did half hour walk but my 6 yr old and me kept having races all the way, and boy can he run now! Then at the beach lots of pulling them along on the boogie board, and the beach we went to was like a big swimming pool, very calm so i went out for a swim.
    Unfortunatly I undid the calorie burn with a stop at mcDonalds on the way home :(
    Oh well todays a new day
    30 mins walk with the dog so far 205 cals
    Will do a zumba workout after school drop off and of course ride the horse tonight :)
  • concordancia
    EA Active today - I did two workouts because I was falling behind in my calories burned goal. Since the individual workouts are only labelled easy and hard, no mediums, i did hard. That more than made up the difference, so tomorrow should put me over the top.