New from Ohio!!

Options
Hello Everyone!!

I joined this site a couple weeks ago and I am just now starting to get myself together! I really want to do this and I can't seem to do this alone...so all the support and motivation you can send my way the better!!!!!!

I have two goals that I want to meet. I figure that I need to start out small at first so I don't overwhelme myself. I'd like to get down to 200 lbs and then from there lose about 20-30 more pounds depending on how I feel after my first goal is met. As I have never really been successful at losing weight or actually keeping it off and maintaining a healthy weight, I realize that I have to take baby steps and gradually increase things!!

I'm trying to eat in a 1,440 calorie range which is very difficult for me since I pretty much always ate what I wanted. I never cared and I certainly never counted or had any idea the high calorie/fat content that I was consuming...it's definitely an eye opener for me to keep a food log and try to only consume foods that fit within my goal.

Well thanks for reading my post and Happy weight loss to everyone!! Wish me Success!! ~ J.

Replies

• FitnHealthyGal
    FitnHealthyGal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!

I joined this site a couple weeks ago and I am just now starting to get myself together! I really want to do this and I can't seem to do this alone...so all the support and motivation you can send my way the better!!!!!!

I have two goals that I want to meet. I figure that I need to start out small at first so I don't overwhelme myself. I'd like to get down to 200 lbs and then from there lose about 20-30 more pounds depending on how I feel after my first goal is met. As I have never really been successful at losing weight or actually keeping it off and maintaining a healthy weight, I realize that I have to take baby steps and gradually increase things!!

I'm trying to eat in a 1,440 calorie range which is very difficult for me since I pretty much always ate what I wanted. I never cared and I certainly never counted or had any idea the high calorie/fat content that I was consuming...it's definitely an eye opener for me to keep a food log and try to only consume foods that fit within my goal.

Well thanks for reading my post and Happy weight loss to everyone!! Wish me Success!! ~ J.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You can do it. We are all here for each other. Don't give up. Baby steps is a smart way to go I think.

Welcome!!!:flowerforyou:

Eve
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    madrigal106

You can do it. My goal is a total lose of at least 75 pounds. I am also doing the 1440. It took a little while, but it got easier. You really learn how to cut corners. It it a lifestyle change and not a diet. There are a lot of great recipes posted here.
    Good luck.
  • FitnHealthyGal
    FitnHealthyGal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support!! :=)

I'm not really looking forward to the holiday season...I have a real penchant for sweets and candy (my downfall) but I'm hoping I can control the amount I eat and just eat it in moderation...ahhhh that will be difficult!!

icandoit - I think it will be easier if I put the idea in my mind that I'm making a life long change instead of just a temporary change...somehow that makes my choice seem more important!!! Thanks for that thought!! :~)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I love sweets to. There are ways to enjoy sweets without being guilty. One thing I have done when I am in the middle of a chocolate craving is to have cocoa. I also enjoy the "NO PUDGE FUDGE" very yummy in several flavors. Just an idea for you. But the best this about limiting the amount of sugar you are eating is that your cravings are not near as bad. I love having blueberries, or apples sliced and put in the microwave with a little bit of brown sugar, cinnamon, and graham cracker. And one of my favorite indulgences that is surprisingly not as bad as I thought , are marchino cherries.

A snack I eat at work is nuts with dates and raisins. Just a thought for you. :bigsmile:

You can do it.
    Eve
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!
    I agree with Eve and Renee. Baby steps and the more you do this the easier it gets. I have been doing this for close to 5 years and it’s like second nature to me now. At first it took me a while to figure out what I could eat and just how much. But I learned and I’m still learning. (we never stop learning which is a good thing) You will learn too. Remember if you slip up all is not lost just keep on with what you know you need to do. There were times when I made a mistake in my figuring of my calories then realized what I had done AFTER I had eaten what ever it was I messed up on. I hated that I made the booboo but I just kept on like I hadn’t made the mistake and I lost the weight and you will too.
    Good Luck and remember we are here for you.
    Loretta :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I also have a hard time with the 1440 calorie limit. I just exercise all the time. Usually around 500-600 calories a day.

Good luck to you.