does apple cider vinegar really work??

Hi
I have heard having 1TBSP of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water before every meal helps to lose weight. Is it so??? has anybody tried it??

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Calorie deficit = weight loss.

Hit your calorie goal and exercise.
  • see above
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    it didnt for me!

i used ACV religiously daily to help with my eczema. it didnt work for my eczema and nor did it help me lose any weight. :)
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    This fad comes around every 10 years ago--I remember it being touted in the '70's. If it worked, there would be no fat people.
  • I found for me it helped with tummy upsets and digestive problems. Also it was the only thing that worked as a painkiller when I had gallbladder problems. It's very tart but for me I find it very settling for my tummy upsets when I have them. Everybody is different though but I know it worked for me
  • Shabadu
    Shabadu Posts: 211
    every 10 years ago

Ha!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I drank two TBSP for months every day, definitely worked for digestive issues. Made my tummy feel much better.

But I didn't use it for weight loss. Didn't even notice if it worked.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    If anything, it would be the water intake that is helping aide in weight loss. Water helps the digestive system "flow" properly. It is suggested to drink a glass of water before and after each meal anyway. I don't think the vinegar makes a difference. Just someone's "quick fix" remedy.
  • I found for me it helped with tummy upsets and digestive problems. Also it was the only thing that worked as a painkiller when I had gallbladder problems. It's very tart but for me I find it very settling for my tummy upsets when I have them. Everybody is different though but I know it worked for me

^^ This.
  • daxazo
    daxazo Posts: 37 Member
    It's good for digestion and reflux. But won't help you lose weight.
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    My mom used to do this, and it didn't work for her. It makes a nice salad dressing though.
  • It worked for me too!

I started with 1 tbsp and increased it to 2 tbsp over time.

I take it sometime when I had overnight, it helps "level" me out.

Try it if you feel comfortable
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Apple Cider Vinegar has been known to be good for tummy upsets and reflux. My great-granny used to spoon it into us kids when we had tummy aches. Also there have been some research to support the use of vinegar in lowering blood sugar and blood pressure (in non-human subjects). But for weight loss, there isn't much evidence out there.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    my stepdad has and he is still at his same weight.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    I tried it once or twice. The stuff is just plain nasty tasting. I don't care if it works or not, I'm not drinking it.
  • BoohBaby
    BoohBaby Posts: 50 Member
    Apple cider vinegar is a great appetite suppresant. Everyone's body is different. Yes, this worked for me... It not only assisted me with weight loss, but it gave me energy and it cuts the fat that you eat so that it is not stored. Not recomended for prolonged use as it may harm your bodily organs if too much is used-
    Overall for me- LIKE!! and Yes, for me, WORKED!!
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    If you look at my recipes in view diary. There is one that is called Fat Burner Drink and it has Apple Cider Vinegar. This has helped me for sure! So yes I do believe Apple Cider Vinegar works.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    cider vinegar does work...to make BBQ taste even better.

The-Dude-Deal-With-It.gif
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Apple cider vinegar is a great appetite suppresant. Everyone's body is different. Yes, this worked for me... It not only assisted me with weight loss, but it gave me energy and it cuts the fat that you eat so that it is not stored. Not recomended for prolonged use as it may harm your bodily organs if too much is used-
    Overall for me- LIKE!! and Yes, for me, WORKED!!

i guess as every individual has different body system so for some it does work and for osome it doesn't as from above posts we can see almost everybody has negate the role of ACV in weight loss

I think u r lucky to loose weight using ACV:)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    thats how I losing my weight drank 32oz of it a day you also have to add 1 lemon, all of the lemon peels, 4 tablespoons cod liver oil, and 2 tablespoons castor oil. If you look at my calories I'm always over, but still losing.

That is my miracle concoction. Medical community has hid this information from from you to keep us fat and to have to have surgical intervention.

Try my recipe its the greatest. You can add 1 package of stevia to sweeten it up.