I survived the office birthday!

mimzy
mimzy Posts: 135 Member
I turned down birthday pie (lemon icebox, too...yum)! I'm really proud of myself. I've been well-known in my office as a sugar addict. They were shocked to hear me say, "I pass." Some people can diet and eat the occasional sweet still. I can't. Like any other addiction, I have to steer clear or I lose control. I do give myself permission for the natural sweets--fruit or honey every once in a while, but, for me, refined sugar is the devil.

Replies

• mimzy
    I turned down birthday pie (lemon icebox, too...yum)! I'm really proud of myself. I've been well-known in my office as a sugar addict. They were shocked to hear me say, "I pass." Some people can diet and eat the occasional sweet still. I can't. Like any other addiction, I have to steer clear or I lose control. I do give myself permission for the natural sweets--fruit or honey every once in a while, but, for me, refined sugar is the devil.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Good for you!!! Turning down a "treat" for a special event is major thing. Too often people make you feel pressured to join in the celebration. Way to be strong!!! :drinker:
  • I just had mine today... i had a tiny piece of cake and 2 apple slices, a small cube of cheese and a mini banana nut muffin

not too bad... I am about to log all of it... hopefully i did not go overboard without knowing it!
  • mimzy
    thanks! So true, people DO pressure us sometimes. It was embarassing, really, because the girl serving made a BIG deal out of me saying no--and not in a supportive way, either. It was quite rude really.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    thanks! So true, people DO pressure us sometimes. It was embarassing, really, because the girl serving made a BIG deal out of me saying no--and not in a supportive way, either. It was quite rude really.

I just take people's rudness as jealousy over my will power. That turns my guilt into satisfaction! Oh the mind games we have to play with ourselves...but it helps.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Like you mimzy I am a sugar addict. I'm making a cake for a party for my kids and i started licking the icing spoon and the next thing you know I'm double dipping (couldn't fit my face into the little container and my tongue wouldn't reach :blushing: ). So in completing the cake tomorrow, I am using your awesome example and am going to just "pass" on any of it. Thanks for sharing!!!
  • Sing1outloud
    Sing1outloud Posts: 57 Member
    I hear exactly what you are saying , I come to work to burn the calories as Iam onmy feet all day ... i work in the heath care setting and well then my wfc's mom will arrive in the am about 10 almost every wednesday with a enormous plate full of goodies that are to really to die for ... so then I have to decide wether to eat lunch, and finish out the day or to have this treat and not eat the rest of the day .. Lol ,:tongue: but any ways I hear ya ..... my other down fall is eating late at night when I have company .... then I feel heavy when I head of to bed .
  • AlliOops
    AlliOops Posts: 66 Member
    The office can be a very hard environment. So many temptations. People in my office are always pushing the candy on me. And I order the food for the office, so I feel the need to accommodate everyone - and so I bring in very small portions of sweets. Knowing its there...well, it takes a mountain of effort not to grab a frozen peppermint patty from the freezer!

You'll just show them all by dropping the pounds, living longer and feeling fantastic. Let those weaklings eat the garbage for you :devil:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!