First exercise NSV!

Today I ran for 15 minutes total. I face paced walked then ran every other 5 minutes for 30 minutes. This is huge for me as I haven't been able to run in goodness knows how long.

My goal is to get back up to 4 or 5 miles a day at an 8 minute mile so I'm on my way!

Way to start the day!

Replies

• elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    I don't even know if I can run for an entire minute so that is amazing to me. Way to go!!
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Awesome! I took up running but suffered from shin splints so I'm taking a mini break until I get properly fit for running shoes.
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Awesome work!!!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Good for you! I'm sure you'll reach your goal in no time.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Way to go!
  • Awesome!! Great achievement!
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Great job! I took the same approach to getting back into running, and I'm up to a 33 minute 5K. Keep it up!
  • amy_lynn_522
    amy_lynn_522 Posts: 55 Member
    Great job! I took the same approach to getting back into running, and I'm up to a 33 minute 5K. Keep it up!

I want to do a 5k. I just have to do the research to find out where and when one is in my neighborhood. Congrats though, that's pretty good time.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    The best kind!!! That is awesome! :)
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member

I want to do a 5k. I just have to do the research to find out where and when one is in my neighborhood. Congrats though, that's pretty good time.

http://www.events.runningroom.com/hm/

check out the running room link. you can search your province/state for races in your region.

congrats, awesome NSV
  • slb_71
    slb_71 Posts: 11 Member
    Great job! I'm just getting back to running after a 2 year not much exercise period. I'm doing the same thing. Run 5 mins and walk fast for 5. THis week I was able to walk 5 and run 10. Keep at it :)
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Great Job!!!! 8 Minite Mile...here you come!!!
  • jesindc
    jesindc Posts: 724 Member
    Nice work!!!
  • amy_lynn_522
    amy_lynn_522 Posts: 55 Member
    Great job! I'm just getting back to running after a 2 year not much exercise period. I'm doing the same thing. Run 5 mins and walk fast for 5. THis week I was able to walk 5 and run 10. Keep at it :)

Yeah, it's been a while since I ran on a regular basis. A couple of years ago I was running almost 30 miles a week. I'd like to get back up there. Maybe 20 miles or so a week.

Congrats on running 10 - it's a great feeling when you can move up from where you were!

monjacq1964 - thanks for the website, I appreciate it!