Opinions, Encouragement, Slap across the face?

I have done this before. I lost 50 pounds from 2008 to 2011 and then I got pregnant. I gained weight (not because I was stuffing my face, it just happened). I am back at it because A) I am done having kids and B) I am ready to feel good about myself. I started my journey again on November 23, 2012. It has taken me 3 solid months to lose 10 pounds.

I am sticking to my calories for the most part (diary is open).
I am working out 4 to 5 days a week (pretty hard workouts)
I drink a lot of water
I know I am doing all the right things the majority of the time

I am not in a race to lose the most amount of weight in the least amount of time but for pete's sake, this is the slowest loss known to mankind.

Do you think 10 pounds in 3 months is good or do I need to reevaluate what I'm doing to see if I can be doing things better? I don't want to cut out food groups and I don't want to starve myself. I do want to do this the healthy way.

I know the answer here, but I need some positive encouragement today because I want to stab my scale. I know the scale isn't the end all be all, i'm just sayin'.

Blah.

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    10lbs in 3 months? Think about it this way...if you continue that ration, you'd lose 40 lbs in a year..i'd say that is a pretty damn good thing! Keep up whatever you are doing.....
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    I'd just suggest upping your calories and eating your exercise calories back if you're not already. A lot of days your calories looked really low.

Other than that, 10lbs in 3 months is good! Embrace the slow weight loss, for many it means that it will be more sustainable in the long run than too drastic of a change.
  • I totally understand your frustration! I'm right there with you. My body is fighting me every step of the way to keep on the weight I'm determined to lose. I did up my calories from 1200 to 1500 just recently because I've read so many posts that suggest that might be key. I'm continuing to exercise 6 days out of the week & I vary my workouts from day to day. I haven't been drinking my water like I should, so I'm working on that now as well. I keep telling myself "slow & steady wins the race" - but I'm getting impatient as well. I guess the only encouragement I have to offer is that you are not alone in feeling discouraged that it's not coming off faster. Keep up your determination to win this battle!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    10 lbs in 3 months is pretty good progress. If you want it to be better just be more consistent. Weigh/measure everything, log every day. Meet your calorie goal. Try to be patient. :flowerforyou: