1st half marathon

krazzybebe03
krazzybebe03 Posts: 39 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I started training 2 weeks ago for my 1st half marathon. I am using a beginner's training schedule I found online. I have had 2 knee surgeries and have cleared it with an orthopedic surgeon and began taking glucosamine chondroitin. I am looking for any tips or advice I can get from more experienced runners.

Replies

• I'm doing my first half marathon in November. Would you be willing to share the link where you found the training schedule, please? Good luck to you!!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    I used Hal Higdon's program for my 1st half.
    Don't skip out on your long runs. walk/run if you have to on them, some even recommend it.

Good luck & stay consistent even when you don't feel like running that day.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    I'm running a half in August and Hopefully a full soon after! It's a great accomplishment! You'll do awesome!
    Have you been fitted for running shoes? Invest in good running socks. I really love having my runner's garmin! It helps with training and pace/distance. The vanilla flavored Gu is the best! The nathan brand running/water belt is the only way to go!
  • krazzybebe03
    krazzybebe03 Posts: 39 Member
    thanks i definitely need to invest in a running belt...I do have great running shoes and have under armour socks to allow my feet to breathe. My half is labor day weekend...excited and nervous!
This discussion has been closed.