want to give up!

I am so frustrated!! Even though I am working out 4 times a week for 30 to 45 mins a week and eating the calories given by myfitnesspal i can't loss weight. :( i am ready to give up! what am i doing wrong? i don't eat perfect but i feel like i should be seeing some weight loss. HELP! any advice or encouragement would be so helpful.

Replies

• Krecob
    Krecob Posts: 86 Member
    Do you have a calorie deficit? Also you need to eat clean, I cant see your diary but the types of food you eat are just as important as the amount of calories. How many calories do you eat? Maybe its not enough or too much? Also how long have you been doing this... it can take a month or two to see results
  • Are you drinking enough water. They recommend 64 oz, I drink twice that amount.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Do you have a calorie deficit? Also you need to eat clean, I cant see your diary but the types of food you eat are just as important as the amount of calories. How many calories do you eat? Maybe its not enough or too much? Also how long have you been doing this... it can take a month or two to see results

This is not true at all......weight loss is calories in v calories out. Eating "clean" as they say, which can have multiple meanings, CAN provide you with types of foods that keep you more full thereby helping you not overeat, but it isn't in itself the answer.

Do you work out/exercise? If so, what is your routine? According to your ticker, you've lost 6lbs, which is good. How long have you NOT lost weight? Sometimes it is a matter of being consistant and patient. I know there are many people here who've stalled for weeks or months before losing again. You also might want to up your calories about 100 a week and see if that works.
  • wranglerwomen
    wranglerwomen Posts: 96 Member
    i don't 'eat clean" but i try to get enough veggies and fruits in. i have been on here for over a year and am eating 1400 calories at day. tried to open my diary but it's not opening up. i will try again to do it.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    If you give up now, six months down the road you'll be asking yourself "Where would I be if I'd started when I said I was going to?"
  • wranglerwomen
    wranglerwomen Posts: 96 Member
    i usually do yoga, walk or elliptical. i usually use about 250 to 275 calories each workout. it has taken me over a year to loss 6 lbs. YES A YEAR!!!!!!!!
  • Krecob

This is not true at all......weight loss is calories in v calories out. Eating "clean" as they say, which can have multiple meanings, CAN provide you with types of foods that keep you more full thereby helping you not overeat, but it isn't in itself the answer.

Do you work out/exercise? If so, what is your routine? According to your ticker, you've lost 6lbs, which is good. How long have you NOT lost weight? Sometimes it is a matter of being consistant and patient. I know there are many people here who've stalled for weeks or months before losing again. You also might want to up your calories about 100 a week and see if that works.

Asking if she has a calorie deficit is calories in v out..... Also eating clean is important if i go to Mcdonalds every day but stay in my calorie range I wont see the results i would if i were to eat fruits and veggies and healthy food... so staying its flat out wrong... where do you get that from.. Also its not only the answer thats why i asked her many questions...
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Just looking at your diary I see a lot of days that aren't consistent. What worked for me was consistency (meaning eating close to the same amount of calories every day). Some days you are around 1800, some under 1200. Try to eat as close or a bit over your 1440 every day, while eating back 1/2 of your exercise calories. Try this for 3 weeks, then get on the scale, if it moved, keep doing that. I'd say your calories are set correctly though.

If it doesn't work, change something else. Work out harder, eat cleaner, etc. This is all about trial and error and seeing what works for your body - what works for one may not work for another.
  • Try consulting other websites to see what they recommend for your daily caloric intake. Use these to determine if you need to possibly change your goal for the calories you consume daily. And it's really common that people underestimate the number of calories they're eating. Sometimes it's hard to tell, but be as accurate as possible! Stay hydrated, that will help with your metabolism. Try to cut down on empty calories.

Most importantly, don't give up! If you stay with it, you will see results.. If you give up, you will have to start over again, which is even more difficult. Keep with it, you will thank yourself for it later.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member

Asking if she has a calorie deficit is calories in v out..... Also eating clean is important if i go to Mcdonalds every day but stay in my calorie range I wont see the results i would if i were to eat fruits and veggies and healthy food... so staying its flat out wrong... where do you get that from.. Also its not only the answer thats why i asked her many questions...

I get it by looking at basic math. If I consume 1500 cals of hamburger and 1500 cals of "clean foods", i'm still consuming 1500 cals and if that equals a deficit I will lose weight. Now, that doesn't mean I'm "healthier" on 1500 cals of hamburger, but I CAN get the same weight loss results.

Not to use one person's results as the only example, but I don't eat clean at all, in fact, I almost reject the entire concept, but I do eat at a deficit, and lift weights and my results have been the same as I've seen from the so called "clean" eaters on here.
  • Krecob
    If you give up now, six months down the road you'll be asking yourself "Where would I be if I'd started when I said I was going to?"

Exactly, doing something is better than nothing! Keep it up!

I started losing weight when i bought the Fitbit. it let me know how many calories ive eaten, and how many i need to work off until i get to my deficit
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Read forks over knives and quit being a puss about it. Everyone goes thorugh this. It takes a huge amount of dedication, perseverence and effort to accomplish losing weight!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    What do you mean by giving up? Do you mean being ok with not losing weight or do you mean eating Doritos on the couch?
  • bbubble5
    bbubble5 Posts: 15 Member
    Hello wranglerwomen!

First of all DON'T GIVE UP. I feel the same sometimes. It takes time and research to understand what your body needs. I looked at your diary and I think eating cereal makes you feel hungry right away. It does with me and I noticed that the day i eat cereal, I just want to eat more food. Try something new. Look at what others, who are successful in losing weight, are eating . You will get ideas. See what works for you. Protein shake to me is a joke it never fills me up. I like boiled eggs it fills me up. Sometimes I don't have the time so I eat cereal but now I'm trying to stop that. Good luck!!!
  • Try not to give up - I'm exactly the same, I have only lost 7lbs since the beginning of this year but still calorie counting and excercising (I'm training for a 10k so need to excercise lol). I did the same last year, started on Myfitnesspal and excercised and then stopped as I wasn't seeing the benefit just a few pounds here and there, I now kick myself thinking if only I had carried it on I would be closer to my ideal weight now - I've got 2 stone to go and I am determined to get there.!

DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!

If you ever need motivation or feel like pigging out, message me! x
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Giving up is easy, anyone can do it. Look at the long term of this decision. You came on here for a reason, find that reason again and stick with it. It's going to be hard and take time..you didn't gain the weight in 1 week or 2 or even 3...losing it (correctly) will take even longer. Look inside yourself and reset your mindset.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member

labeling some foods as "good" and some foods as "bad" is a symptom of a mental illness called orthorexia nervosa. you can be perfectly fit and healthy eating ALL of the foods that you enjoy. if you decide to limit some foods because you don't like them, or for ethical reasons (such as vegetarianism), or because you have a medical condition (Celiac's disease), or because you can't control yourself around them (Reese's Peanut Butter Cups), then that's another issue. but giving blanket advice that one must eat "clean" in order to lose weight and be healthy is what i personally disagree with. there is both anecdotal and empirical evidence that disproves the whole concept that certain foods must be eliminated from your diet in order to facilitate weight loss.