probably THE best NSV I will ever have...

aliann30
aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
You really don't realize how much your children really DO pay attention to everything you do. My 4 year old daughter is built just like me and I've always been concerned that she'd follow in my footsteps and end up struggling with her weight. She LOVES "treats" and asks for one about a million times a day. Recently she's been talking a LOT about being healthy. She considers fruit treats, and is starting to stop eating when she's full.

The other day I was eating a spinach pizza and both of my daughters (2 and 4) were asking for the spinach off of my pizza, to put on theirs. They ended up stealing about 1/2 of my spinach! Another day, I was making them grilled cheese and my 4 year old came out in the kitchen and ASKED for spinach in her grilled cheese: WHAT?! This is a 2 year old and a 4 year old who are REQUESTING spinach!

I know it may not seem like a huge deal to some people, but the fact that my daughters are starting to pick up healthy habits motivates me more than anything. My daughter asked me why I go to workout and I told her so I can be healthy and run around and play with her. Now, whenever I work out (or if I miss a workout), she'll ask me when I'm going to go workout so I can be healthy for her.

Truly, the single BEST NSV I will ever have.

148349_535121153185511_1716883666_n_zps0294c350.jpg

Replies

• mimiwin
    mimiwin Posts: 42 Member
    That is indeed the best NSV ever !!!! Kids are the future and I am sure knowing taht you are a healthy role model for them must be such an amazing feeling !!! Congrats !!!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Absolutely fabulous!
  • I absolutely :heart: this NSV! I feel the same way! My kids have tried so many new foods because they see me eating it. My kids are also all about the snacks, but I've started keeping more healthy options in the house. They will eat almonds, cheese sticks, yogurt, raisins, granola bars, etc. They all want to "workout" with me or at least watch me workout.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Congratulations!! possibly the best NSV I've read!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    this is wonderful! thanks for sharing!
  • healthy4heidi
    healthy4heidi Posts: 113 Member
    Adorable. I can totally relate. Great job on being a wonderful role model.
  • sunnya7
    sunnya7 Posts: 15 Member
    Love it my girls are 14 and 16 and I want to be a better role model for them also my 14 love food way to much :)
  • peasantsong
    peasantsong Posts: 107 Member
    This is the most awesome NSV ever! Brought tears to my eyes! Great job on being an awesome role model and a wonderful parent!
  • amy_lynn_522
    amy_lynn_522 Posts: 55 Member
    Great NSV!

My kiddo is going to be 13 in July and has really embraced all the changes that I've been making. He's been looking on the internet for healthy recipes and loves finding new healthy snacks in the grocery store when we go shopping. He wants to start going to the gym with me when he turns 13 (that's the age requirement at my gym).
  • Absolutely beautiful! Those are some lucky little girls!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Very true that we lead by example! Awezumz!
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    This is the best NSV I've ever read. Congratulations on being an awesome mom, example, and rolemodel to your beautiful children! They will have a better and happier life thanks to their mommy!

Nice work!!
  • DLH070911
    DLH070911 Posts: 38 Member
    I agree with everyone else. BEST. NSV. EVER. :flowerforyou:
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    That is wonderful! What a great story to share; thank you!
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    :love: this BEST EVER
  • NancyVIve
    NancyVIve Posts: 1 Member
    Really great and motivating! By the way what does NSV stand for?
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    That is amazing and almost brought tears to my eyes! Maybe I am just emotional today, haha..

I love that picture! And I can't wait to have kids someday so I can rub my healthy habits off on them. :-)
  • joseejolie
    joseejolie Posts: 51 Member
    Wow that almost made me cry. That's beautiful. Keep up the good work!
  • jaimesoo
    jaimesoo Posts: 274 Member

I know it may not seem like a huge deal to some people, but the fact that my daughters are starting to pick up healthy habits motivates me more than anything. My daughter asked me why I go to workout and I told her so I can be healthy and run around and play with her. Now, whenever I work out (or if I miss a workout), she'll ask me when I'm going to go workout so I can be healthy for her.

This used to be my husband for me... would ask how my weigh in went or how my work out went and that made me feel like it didnt' just matter to me, it mattered to him because it mattered to me. Now I have my son and I want to be the best role model for him i can be too. I take him running when i can and will always keep him active. Hopefully he has his daddy's genetics and can eat cake 4x a day if he wants but I want him to grow up knowing better than that anyway.

So happy for you Alicia! This makes me so happy to hear! :flowerforyou:
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    What a fantastic message! I love that! Also, I like that picture too! And the funny thing is...I NEVER
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!