Half metabolism reset

So.

I'm in the final stretch now! I'm very short, so I'm looking to weigh around 110-115 pounds in the end. However, as these things happen, I have pretty much completely stalled on weight loss. Do you think I should do a "half" reset? (This means from 1400 calories a day to 1500 ish for about 4 days) Do you think it would make any difference?

I know I shouldn't fixate on the scale, but it's frustrating. My measurements are also staying the same (I do a lot of body weight strength too, which sucks)

So, do you think this could help boost my metabolism and refresh it?

Thanks guys!

Replies

• Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    I think it will help a lot
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    I think it will help a lot

Thank you :) Does anyone else want to share? Edit: I've decided on upping it by 200, not 100.
  • Jen800
    anyone?
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    I'm always suspicious of "Metabolism resets", but if you have been doing body weight exercises and have stalled on body changes, you might want to think about lifting heavier. Stronglifts might do both, inches and weight in the long run.
  • I'm always suspicious of "Metabolism resets", but if you have been doing body weight exercises and have stalled on body changes, you might want to think about lifting heavier. Stronglifts might do both, inches and weight in the long run.
    I second the suggestion of lifting. There are tons of simple lifting programs, my personal favorite is 5/3/1 because I had huge results in such a short period of time. My lifts tripled in like 4 months and I gained 1/2" on my upper arms and 1" on my thighs.
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Lift and eat your TDEE for a week or two. TDEE will only maintain your weight so no worries. 100 calories for 4 days probably won't do much.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    How much more do you need to lose? On you ticker, it looks like right around 10-12 Lbs...those are going to be the toughest. Your body is smart and is really going to want to hold on to those last fast stores. For that reason, a large deficit is going to work against you at this point. You should dial your weight loss goal back to 1/2 Lb per week. This will accomplish two things...reset metabolism for one, and secondly, your body is going to be more willing to cooperate with you and let that fat go very slowly.
  • Jen800
    Thank you guys. Unfortunately I can't join a gym to lift and don't have heavy enough weights at home (only up to 10lbs) But I'll be trying new bodyweight exercise and switching it up a lot.