How many meals do YOU eat a day?

Replies

• I generally TRY to stick to what's basically "the norm" here in Finland. Ever since childhood food has worked in the cycle of breakfast (8-10) - lunch (11-13) - afternoon snack (14-16) - dinner (17-19) - evening snack (20-22).

My problem is sneaking in "extra" between meals, meaning sweets, cookies and such. If I could eliminate all excess and stick to the meain five, I'd have no need for sites such as this one.
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    I'm a nibbler. But usually breakfast when I first wake up, lunch 2-3 hours later, a snack a few hours after that, dinner whenever I can fit it in in the evening, and a snack and/or dessert an hour or so before bed. My schedule is pretty messed up from working late shifts, so I just eat when I'm hungry, or have time.
  • I typically do Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner. But some days if breakfast is late I skip the morning snack and have a bigger afternoon snack.
  • I have around 7-8 meals a day spread out from about 6:30am till 10:00pm at night seems to work for me with my maintenance
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    I eat something decent every 4 hours. On my days off lunch is usually the biggest meal and on work days it is dinner. (My diary times arent always accurate because I pre-log work food).
    Example:
    1- Egg whites on toast (200 cals)
    2- Salad (100 cals) Dressing (100 cals)
    3- Soup (200 Cals)
    4- Spaghetti squash with pesto/alfredo/marinara (300/400/150 Cals)

Then I may have a banana, almonds, fage plain yogurt in between.

That would be a typical day eating my base calories 1400-1600.
    I eat more on work out days.
  • olivesoils
    olivesoils Posts: 2 Member
    4 Basically

08:00ish - Good Breakfast
    12:30ish - Pasta dish with small amount of cheese or something light.
    17:00ish - Main Evening Meal
    20:30ish - Fruit salad and maybe something on toast if short on calories.

Plenty of water throughout the day

I do this programme to stay at the weight I want now.
  • skiersteve12345
    skiersteve12345 Posts: 89 Member
    4 but i dont start eating till 7 pm and finish eating around 11.30 lol
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    I have to eat within my break times at work.....

Breakfast 8.30 snack 10am lunch 12pm snack 4pm dinner 6.30pm
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    I eat when I'm hungry as long as it meets my goals.
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    I eat 6 breakfast, midmorning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner and p.m. snack. This way blood sugar doesn't dip and spike. Also, if you don't eat too much at one meal, you are less likely to turn the food into fat.
  • 3 meals and 3 snacks but I did have an extra snack today so 7
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    I can't do the "scheduled" eating thing. I noticed I was eating when I wasn't hungry and was taking an extra snack that wasn't needed.

Used to: 8.5 oz postworkout shake, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack.

Now: 5oz Postworkout shake, breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert: Skinny cow ice cream :) I do much better listening to my body rather than following a schedule for someone else.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    I seem to eat 3 to 6 meals a day, but I really just eat when I'm hungry. Sometimes I eat breakfast and then want a snack an hour later. Sometimes it's 4 or 5 hours until I'm hungry. I always keep snacks with me to eat. If I'm hungry I eat them, if I'm not I don't.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Breakfast, lunch, dinner and sometimes a snack between each meal if I need them. So anywhere from 3 to 5.
  • Four or three depending on if I'm too hungry to wait for dinner.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    I think i have about 3.... idk! I have lunch, post-workout and then dinner.... and then maybe something before i go to bed. I do leangains intermittent fasting so yeaahh i pretty much skip breakfast and just eat bigger meals.. I love it!
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    I've become a bit of a snacker, especially on the days when I work out in the mornings. The evenings drag and I find myself boredom eating, so I swap out dinner for a series of healthy snacks.

Overall it would turn out to be two meals (lunch, breakfast) and three-four snacks in the evening.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Not sure, it depends? I had 2 today, will probably have 4 tomorrow...I just fix something when I'm hungry.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Meal frequency has no effect on weight loss or metabolism. I eat 4-5 meals a day because it works for me and that is the only reason.
  • emjoy75
    emjoy75 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm starting with the 20/4 IF, so I consume all of my daily calories (800-1200) between 1300 and 1700 daily. I'm on day 5 of that, after 7 days, I will shift to a Leangains 18/6. Sticking to two "meals" a day, just a bigger window to help accomodate my schedule.

Edit: I agree with most of the posters here... it's simply what works best for the individual... and what they can stick to for long term success! :)