Your 15 Minutes are Up...

LMT2012
LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
Who is the most famous person you've ever met, and what were the circumstances?

Replies

• jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Eckhart Tolle- walked right past him going into the building where his talk was being held, looked at each other in passing. (I guess that's sort of meeting)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    alec baldwin. at the deli, he was heading to car to leave just as we parked right next to his car to go inside. had to wait until my child was gotten out of the back seat of the car before i could get out of the way of his driver door. by that time he was accosted for his autograph by a fan. i mouthed "i'm sorry" he mouthed "it's ok" and shrugged and did the autograph. he seemed cool. he looked giant, he was after all standing on the curb most of the time.
  • Penguindeb
    Penguindeb Posts: 24 Member
    Charlie Daniels...I kissed him on the cheek on his tour bus!
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Alex Baldwin - Sunday mass
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    darn! ive never met anyone famous :cry:
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    50 cent. at his concert, we waited hours to see him perform and we was front row, we stayed a little after the show and he came out with his counterpart LLoyd Banks, lovely guy, we talked about Rugby been tougher than American footballer, Ive actually argued with 50 CENT!!!!! lol
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Bill Walton at DFW Intl' Airport...he fell off his golf cart taxi thing and I helped him get back on...was three sheets to the wind.
  • John Lithgow, In Upstate New York. he was performing in a play, I forget what it was all about.. LOL.. but my daughter and I were able to speak to him after the performance, he signed our tickets. Very nice person.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Redwings Coach Mike Babcock. He was also the coach of gold medal winning Canadian Olympic team.
    (edit: sorry for ginormous picture!)
    458520_706467047681_267408699_o.jpg
  • The MOST famous? Hmm. The most famous is probably Alan Rickman. I saw him when he was in Seminar on Broadway and went to the stagedoor IMMEDIATELY and got right up on that barrier. His hand grazed mine as he took my Playbill to sign it. I told him he was amazing. He smiled at me. IT WAS FANTASTIC.

I also once randomly ran into John Lithgow in Times Square. He was so nice and totally didn't mind stopping to take pictures with me and my friends.

I've met a bunch of Broadway people, some of the drag queens from RuPaul's Drag Race, some musicians, but yeah, Alan Rickman is probably the most impressive.

Edit: Oh! And Rosario Dawson! I forgot I met her! It was very fast. She did a speaking at a college and there was a very rushed meet and greet with her. I really only got to say hello and hug her (and take a group picture with a bunch of people I've never met, but thank goodness I was standing next to her so I could crop all the other people out), but it was lovely.

Another edit: I met Tim Gunn once at a mall. He told me that I looked chic.
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    My husband met Whitney Houston in a Footlocker in Oxford St (London, uk). It was really quiet and he was downstairs pretty much by himself looking at some trainners and she came down with her husband and kid and 2 minders and sat next to him singing along to the tune on the stereo in the store.

I meet people in my line of work (I work at a private school) - actors, diplomats and even royalty! I guess the most famous person I know is the drummer from a very well known band :)
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Not sure the most famous but I met Federer at paris a year ago and had a few rallies with him.

Actually probably diodelcibo...
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Brad Paisley. I won tickets on a radio station and it included meet and greet passes...I also got to sing on stage with him. Two weeks ago I met Lee Brice and Jerrod Niemann at a bar prior to thier concert...yes, I love country music :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I was the personal trainer at the Arizona Biltmore so I had the opportunity to meet and work with quite a few famous folks.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Not sure the most famous but I met Federer at paris a year ago and had a few rallies with him.

Actually probably diodelcibo...

That would be amazing.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Alex Rodriguiez, before steroid scandal. Sat next to him during at UM baseball game when he was still with Seattle. He was very friendly at that time.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Lord... I don't know who the most famous would be.

Probably Vincent Price. I met him and his wife while they were shopping.

The other two in contention were Bob Denver and David McCallum.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Mario Andretti kissed me when I was a kid (on the cheek)...and I've seen Jeff Daniels and Ted Nugent...they live around here (well Ted used to), most recently Dog the Bounty Hunter sat next to me at breakfast...I didn't know who he was though until after...sol.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    I met Charlie Hunnam of Sons Of Anarchy at an event called Outlaw Jam. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. Yes, he is even more god like in person.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    I've met Roy Keane..a famous footballer..I've trained his wife. And a snooker player and I can't comment on how we got to know each other.