Calling all bikers--Biker Challenge!

Replies

• stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    What counts is that you went out Christine, not how many miles. WTG!
    Try 16km next week.
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    It moved! It budged! After a good many days with no movement below the weight I signed up with today is the day. I have lost my first 2 pounds and I am thrilled! It is just so exciting to see the little scale begin to move.
    I can honestly say that if it hadn't be for this site and the encouragement of you people I would not have made the changes that I need to make to see the difference. Now I believe. The right combo of caloric intake and excercise will produce weight lose in me. I sure feels good.

67210.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    I only did 8.27 miles today. Yesterday killed me so I took it easy today.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Cecreech--great job on the loss! highfive.gif

Got in 21 miles this morning and feel great! this is the best I've felt after a ride I think.

That makes 96 miles for the week for me!!

woohoonaner2gy.gif
  • stschulz
    Fantastic job shorerider! You rock!!!!!
    96 mile! WOW!
  • stschulz
    riding 8 miles when every muscle hurts is more impressive than many miles when you feel fit Bamboo
  • ohthatbambi
    riding 8 miles when every muscle hurts is more impressive than many miles when you feel fit Bamboo

I have only been riding since the fall and really only been seriously riding in the last two months (new bike inspires me). Yesterday was my first really long ride. The most I had done was 19 and then yesterday 31. I am really tired today. So I did my 8 miles this morning and was going to go to the gym for a class and some lifting, but every muscle in body said NO, so I came home and took a quick nap on the couch with my bassett hound, Hoover. I feel a little better now. We have a big party to attend tonight, but I am going to make it an early night so that hubby and I can get up and ride in the morning. Hopefully tomorrow my body will have recovered!!
  • erin1205
    erin1205 Posts: 99
    The bike shop just called and my bike is fixed!! Hooray!! Now I can finally join in posting with you guys. First ride will be tonight...there is a fun weekend festival that starts tonight with fireworks so we are planning on taking the long way there on the bikes. Hopefully it doesn't rain too much! :tongue:
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Every inch of my body is screaming SORE after all the crazy hiking, biking, running and walking I have done this week, but I got 28.1 miles in today...YEAH! :happy:
    It was amazing I really thought I would have a terrible ride, but I got up at 6 a.m. went over to the gym, did the stationary bike for 25 minutes to warm up my sore muscles, came back changed and took off.
    I rode strong...it was awesome! I was impressed with myself LOL! :bigsmile: We may of rode longer, but the marine layer was thick. I needed windshield whippers on my glasses :glasses:
    Now we are off to find some easy, coastal trails up past Carmel to hike!
    I earned Chevy's tonight...WOW WHOOOOOO!!!!!
    Happy riding....
    Kel~:bigsmile:
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    I did 14.3 miles in to work this morning and 18.5 miles home (had some errands to run). That brings my total this week to 83.6. I think I pledged 60-80 per week. I feel good!

I'll be out of town without my bike next week, however.
  • cecreech
    Leaving in the morning at daybreak to do a little over 50 miles with my new team. These are other guys I have convinced need to ride with me. Somehow they tolerate me well. I am the only experienced cyclist with them and for all of them this is their first ever ride over 30 miles in a day. I am so honored and happy to have them with me. There is a great camaraderie and honor in riding together. I have watched myself and all of them as we have become a team and most of them could not have imagined doing this ride 6 months ago. Now my church is interested and is asking me to promote cycling and ride my bike to church on Sunday and promote the team. This is turning into something . . .

67210.png
  • stschulz
    That's the way to go cecreech!

I ride most of my miles alone. With my odd working hrs (nights on weekends) it is kinda difficult to find others to ride with. I did change my schedule though so I can ride at least on Saturdays with the local bike club. (After 12 hr shift! No promise I'll really do it:embarassed: )

It is so rewarding riding with others, dragging each other up these hills that seem so steep and the time goes by so fast.

So much easier in a group and so much harder to say "Oh I just stop and go home".
  • lolakey
    lolakey Posts: 91
    35 out of 50 so far.

I guess that I'll be doing another 15 in the morning.

I had a hard time fitting in the time to bike this week. I work at an elementary school and this was the last week. I had to clean and haul out all of my stuff from the classroom, so biking was out of the question. I'm also moving this week, so I've been packing.

It shouldn't be a problem fitting in at least 50 miles from now on. I love that I'm responsible for my mileage on here. Thanks for this post.
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    Hello! I didn't get a ride in today. I did swim though. I am doing a tri on 19 July. I have been getting my base training in the last couple months. Now I actually have to get back into detailed work outs. Really have to work on my swimming!
    I have 90 miles in this week on bike. I will do a long ride (30 miles) tomorrow!
    Thanks guys!:drinker:
  • ohthatbambi
    Did 20 this morning which puts me at 107 for the week! YEAH! My goal was 65 so next week I am pretty happy about that!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    I only got in a short ride--8 miles--got out too late, and it was windy and HOT. so called it quits after 8 miles.

BUT....

that gives me 104 miles for the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

party0010.gif
  • cecreech
    Ok folks, I did it. Today 53.55 miles for the week I beat my goal of 100 miles at a total of 125.61 miles for the week. I am taking tomorrow off, probably, maybe. I had such a good time.

67210.png
  • ohthatbambi
    Ok folks, I did it. Today 53.55 miles for the week I beat my goal of 100 miles at a total of 125.61 miles for the week. I am taking tomorrow off, probably, maybe. I had such a good time.

67210.png

Wowza! I am impressed. Take tomorrow off and relax! You deserve it!
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member

67210.png

Woooo Whoooo great job!
    I can't wait to get out this afternoon and put myself over 117 where I'm currently at. :happy:
    Happy riding, Kelly!
    biker1.gif
  • stschulz
    Way to go cecreech!
    Now slow down a little, otherwise I'll only see your tail light on our "RAAM" !
    Definetlyt take a break, your body needs recovery too!