Glad to be on Board

Options
Hi Everyone!!
Greatings from Quebec, Canada,

What a great site, this is going to be a big help for me in planning my meals, dont want to oops after the fact but now can easier plan ahead and avoid making those bad choices.
Started working out with my spouse on Oct 8 2007 (9th week now) and started to eat extra extra healthy. We get up at 5:00am every week day and do a different type of excerise every day. Billy Blanks Tae Bo, Biggest Loser videos, Pilates, Thera bands and the big red ball.
Yes, first two weeks I wanted to quit, stop, give up and abandon it all and just sleep in.
What with the vomiting and light headedness and all around soreness I did not think I could handle it.
Well I'm still here, no longer vomiting and can get throught all the routine!! I'm 41 yrs old, 5' 1".
Starting weight was 147.5 and I am now at 131.2. Rock On!! My goal is 115lbs.
I have read a lot of your stories and am inspired by all.

My spouse is my big inspiration and deserves a lot of the credit in helping me stay focused and getting up!! He has lost almost 15lbs. Find yourself a workout/fitness buddy, if there is no one around home, I'm sure here you will find encouragment here.
nat

Replies

• nathalie
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!
    Greatings from Quebec, Canada,

What a great site, this is going to be a big help for me in planning my meals, dont want to oops after the fact but now can easier plan ahead and avoid making those bad choices.
    Started working out with my spouse on Oct 8 2007 (9th week now) and started to eat extra extra healthy. We get up at 5:00am every week day and do a different type of excerise every day. Billy Blanks Tae Bo, Biggest Loser videos, Pilates, Thera bands and the big red ball.
    Yes, first two weeks I wanted to quit, stop, give up and abandon it all and just sleep in.
    What with the vomiting and light headedness and all around soreness I did not think I could handle it.
    Well I'm still here, no longer vomiting and can get throught all the routine!! I'm 41 yrs old, 5' 1".
    Starting weight was 147.5 and I am now at 131.2. Rock On!! My goal is 115lbs.
    I have read a lot of your stories and am inspired by all.

My spouse is my big inspiration and deserves a lot of the credit in helping me stay focused and getting up!! He has lost almost 15lbs. Find yourself a workout/fitness buddy, if there is no one around home, I'm sure here you will find encouragment here.
    nat
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    And we are glad that you are here too!
    Great work you are an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    wow thats amazing...keep up the good work
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Nathalie -

Are you eating enough??? 16 lbs in 9 weeks is a lot for someone who is only (yes she said only) trying to lose 30 lbs or so.
    I was worried because of the vomiting. Dieting should not make you want to vomit, nor should exercise. That is only something they do to recruits that are 18-22 years old. I would ask your doctor (hey, no excuses, it's free to do so up there, right?) to make sure everything is functioning properly.

Glad you found a buddy though. All my buddies are right here, on-line.

Mary
  • nathalie
    Options
    Hi Mary,
    Thanks for your concern, I was very concerned as well!
    I see my doctor regularly (yes its free in Canada) because I had a thyroid gland problem about a year and a half ago. It took time and some tests to figure out what the problem was, why I had no energy, tired all the time, weight gain, etc...

The thyroid, no excerise plus some bad eating habits caused a lot of the weight gain. Now with the medication and regular monitoring with blood tests I am feeling 100% better and thyroid level is where it should be.

On the vomiting:
    I smoke cigarettes, not a lot and never before my workout, but enough so that when I do heart-pumping cardio excerises and drink too much water in the beginning of the work out, well, there you go...I have adjusted all accordinly and am good now.
    The weight loss has dropped somewhat to about .3-.5lbs per week.
    Slow but steady wins the race. I took time to put on, it will take time to take off.

To all of you women out there: If you feel tired, no energy, crabby, (premenstrual all the time), gaining weight despite your best efforts, and everything is a monumental effort, ask your doctor to chk your thyroid gland with a blood test. Also, I heard Oprah was discussing this recently on her show as she has this problem as well, perhaps some info on her web site.
    Thanks for your comments and I'm sure I'll make good buddies here as well!
    nat
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it!
    I gave up smoking 4 months ago. My opinion is: it's harder to lose weight and keep it off than it is to quit smoking. Really. What's really hard is doing them both at the same time. Which is exactly what I did. Oprah's web site just made me feel a lot better though. One of the Bob Greene challenge people quit smoking and was dieting at the same time. Greene said he was surprised that she lost weight, since quiting smoking lowers your metabolism. I was all frustrated because I was only losing 1/2 lb a week or less and working my *kitten* off (can we say that here? there's no better way to put it). Now I know, Now I feel better about my diet and my workout. Lost maybe 1.5 lbs the past week. Have to make sure the scale says the same thing tomorrow before I record it as official!

BTW: I'm absolutely in love with Canada. I go there almost every other year. This year was Quebec and Montreal. Had a great time. The food is so good! It's a good thing you guys have to walk so many places! We put in over 13 miles in one day in Montreal.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings nathalie!

Best to you,
    Fat Dancer