Is this only for Americans?!

Replies

• KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    I prefer to be called a United Stater. Please dont lump me in with Canadians or Mexicans.

What the F**k do you have against Canadians
    You're too damn polite!
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Australian! Fortunately that's not too confusing a term - unless somebody wants to tell me I'm actually from Austria, which sadly did happen to me on a trip to the US a few years back! ;)
  • paszekmonika
    paszekmonika Posts: 60 Member
    I prefer to be called a United Stater. Please dont lump me in with Canadians or Mexicans.

Do you people have problem with them or what? Is this really such a big deal?

I live in UK too:)
  • I am from Puerto Rico, american citizen. But we called ourselves Boricuas because Puerto Rico's first name was Borinquen.
  • boboff
    boboff Posts: 129 Member
    Actually the UK is not England. It is Great Britain or England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales together.

And yes, plenty of people from this side of the water.

Jeesh, how did we ever let these people have independence? One mad king, Geroge 3rd and off they go talking about alooominum, eggs over easy, and the like when they should by rights be driving on the left and acknowledging the Queen as head of state while drinking tea and pink gin.

You are wrong though.

Its Great Britain and Northern Ireland on the Passport, so Great Britain is England, Scotland and Wales only.

It's been 120 year since we had Ireland, oh and India, 220 years since we owned the East Coast of the USA, dam chaps ruined our Tea so they did.

Also the United Kingdom is the term that is used more internationally now.

I am Cornish though which is an Independent Country, our Saints Day, St Piran, is on 5th March, so will you celebrate have a pasty with me, then make a few promises to do something which you don't keep?
  • AmandaPandah
    AmandaPandah Posts: 222 Member
    Sweden!
  • Germany!!! :)

I lived in the US for one year though and started using mfp there.
    But there are plenty of German foods in the data base, so I guess there are some more Germans that are using mfp than just me.
  • vixxxen88
    vixxxen88 Posts: 69 Member
    I'm from Northern Ireland! Belfast to be exact :-)
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Mexico, is the United States of Mexico... officially.
  • Avason
    Avason Posts: 37
    I'm from the Netherlands!
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    HI im from uk - birmingham add me if you wish : )
  • I'm english haha
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Mexican multi-cultural here living in Germany and France (20 years plus)

There is a bit of chingon in this thread too.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    I swear everyone on here is American? Anyone from England? lol

I'm a Londoner :laugh: I also thought MFP was for the Americans when I first heard of it :laugh: but I've learnt a lot from our stateside brethren :happy:
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Hello I'm English. A yellow-belly to be exact.
    I'm a stickler for good grammar and spelling, so friend me only if you can handle it.
    Most of my friends are from the uk, so we all log about the same time, and start our daily complain about the same time!
    I do have friends from the u.s as well, and they are educating me about food (mostly different and exciting ways to eat junk food!)
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    I'm welsh:). Living in Canada.
  • mytman
    mytman Posts: 218
    I am a kiwi and proud of it
  • Marion_
    Marion_ Posts: 56 Member
    I'm from Paris, France, Europe ;) And I have English friends + people from France, Canada, Nz, etc

I thought we said "Americans" - especially here in Europe - from the historical point of view of European immigrants going to "America". It's so funny that people from the US are offended by the fact they're called "Americans"! It's like the last straw of US-centrism lol

BTW, when I hear "North American", I understand people from the US+Canada...

And one last thing: I'm very glad to belong to the European Union, but it's a continent, not a country (different languages, different cultures, etc)
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    well they have the biggest problem, don't you think?
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    One of the great things about this site is the diversity - I am Scottish (British too I guess) but I learn a lot from my other UK mates on here as well as Canadian, Australian and US/American (or whatever you want to call yourself) mates too - why does it need to be defined?