need advice

Here on mfp I did the guided calorie thing in which it says my calories for the day is 1540, but I did my rmr calculation and it says its 2423? what should I do, I have already lost 3lbs but will this make me stop losing weight if im only eating 1540 calories?? Im confused and lost...I am trying to lose 2 lbs a week.

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    You said "rmr"--did you mean BMR-Basal Metabolic Rate? Assuming you did, did you use the tool on MFP or calculate it some other way?
  • mrsmillan
    mrsmillan Posts: 37
    You said "rmr"--did you mean BMR-Basal Metabolic Rate? Assuming you did, did you use the tool on MFP or calculate it some other way?
    i did it on a website, and on here, but on here i used a guided goal thing
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Ok maybe this will help. In order to lose 1 pound you will have to eat 3500 calories less then what your body needs. So MFP calculated that your body needs 2540 cal. a day to pump blood, digest, breathe and so on. You want to lose 2 pounds a week that's 7000 cal you need to save, 2540- 1000= 1540 cal a day. Now if you want to lose in a safe way any time you exercise and burn more calories then normal, you should eat those back, because if you go to low on your calories often, your body thinks there is a famin and will hold on to every morsel you put into your mouth and it will be even harder to lose.
    A lot of people have messed up their metabolism (me includet) on low cal diets and didn't understand why they lost for a little while and as soon as they started eating "normal" they would gain all they had lost and then some. There is a great post in the archives by Banks about 700 cal a day and not losing. I would advise to read some of the posts newbies read me 2nd edition, they really helped me out a lot.
    To sucess:drinker:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    2423 is how many calories your body burns on a daily basis while just running basic bodily functions. In order to lose two pounds a week, you have to have a deficit, so that you burn more calories than you eat. That's why MFP put you at 1500.
  • mrsmillan
    mrsmillan Posts: 37
    ok then it calculated right, I try to eat my exercise calories, because I walk 1.75 miles almost everyday and that increases my calories to about 1800 .