Calling all bikers--Biker Challenge!

Replies

• jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Today I did 13.5: A short ride but intense: hill repeats. !5 minutes of warm up then up a large hill 5 times (ride up, coast down, repeat). Can't get any more miles in this week because I'll be away, but I hope to get over 80 miles next week. Be safe out there this week!
  • Doozie
    Doozie Posts: 53
    I got 29 miles in today. I felt great really rode hard for 20 of the miles! I am going to stick with 100 milegaol this week.
    Shorerider- you will be fine on your 3 days away. You seem to know what you have to do to stay focused. :flowerforyou:
    I am logging for the day and off to the Italian festival to eat my exercise calories.
    Have a great day all!:bigsmile:
  • Doozie
    BTW- I have lost one more pound! It feels good to finally be in the mind set to loose weight slooowwly for once! I am happy with 1 lb a week!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    My goal today....

I altered my DH's bike. I am hoping to get onto it gracefully and not die.

Wish me luck.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    All of you that got to ride today...I have one thing to say, LUCKY DUCKS hahaha!
    We drove most the morning, vacation is over! There is too much stuff to do at home and I have to go pick up the kids in a few. That equals no riding for me today. Unless I do my stationary bike...does that
    count :tongue:
    Hope you all had great rides today!
    Kel~rennrad.gif
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    I didn't get to ride yesterday but I hope to ride this afternoon. My family fed me well but I only gained 2 pounds. My daughter wants to feed me for lunch. I need salad! AAArrrrgggg! On the plus side, I got a new Ipod and so now I will be slammin' and jammin' with the best of 'em.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Met my biking goal yesterday as well as my running goal.

I didn't die.

Woot-woot!

I've had too much coffeetoday... :tongue:
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    "I got a new Ipod"

I got a new one a few weeks ago cecreech. never had one before. I downloaded music by the GB. Thought that it would be great to listen to on these longer rides. Well guess what? I used it once on the bike. That's when I found out that listening to the birds and nature or just the quiet at 7 am in the morning is so much more relaxing for me:ohwell:
    I still use it for the gym. Love blasing the music while I work out.
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    So my goal last week (made last Monday) was to ride 30 miles.... I rode about 12 on Monday, and then promptly came down with strep for a week!....

Finally made it back to the bike yesterday... and rode another 10... so here's to getting back on the saddle!
  • stschulz
    32 miles today.
    It was a great ride. Temperature in the low eighties. Little windy though. I had not been on the bike for a few days and felt very strong. Nothing hurting, I started just pedaling and going and going. Of course the tailwind in the first third made the start real easy. I had to pay for that later when I had headwinds for the rest of the tour. But on a recumbent that is not as bad.
    I was smarter this time and used a lot of my calories before I even went for the ride. Had two bagels. Was probably a good carb base too.
    Still.... now I have earned a little more tha 2500 calories. I have NO idea how to use them It is almost 8 pm, I will go to sleep soon and I can not eat That much anymore, not even with NUtella or peanut butter.
    Looks as if I have to eat more yet before a long ride like today.
  • Doozie
    lleanak - Strep is awful glad you are back in the saddle so quickly.

I rode to work today 12.5 each way. I felt sluggish getting there. I flew home though!
    stschulz - I to have 1000 calories yet to eat (from exercise) I am doing my best but will probably only get 300 in. I just was not hungry today....
  • PrincessLaundry
    I called about my bike...it isn't ready yet... :sad: I guess the repairs are worse than they thought? :tongue: I must have some great damageability skills. :laugh:
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Got in only 12 crappy miles today...
    Had only 45 minutes to ride today after work, my son had a game at 5:00, it was so hot, it made it hard to breath, my husband got a flat from a stinkin' rock....VACATION IS OVER AND WELCOME HOME :ohwell:
    If the temps stay around 100. I'm going to have to turn in the long rides on the road to the stationary bike at home and at the gym :frown: and get my long outside rides in early in the mornings on the weekends!
    I want to move to the coast!!!! :smile:
    Hope you all had a better day on the bike.
    Kellybiker1.gif
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Thanks Doozie.. i am still coughing , but doing much better..... I need to dry out before my dive trip to Cozumel next week!.

I won't be able to get back on the bike till timorrow... but the goal is 20 miles after work!
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    If we all lived close together I would say something was in the water! I rode a little this morning and noticed a problem when cranking. I had to stop, take the bike into the shop and, lo and behold!, I have worn out the chain.:sad: I may have also worn out the bearings in the head. Most of this is because I have been so heavy and yet (now) so strong.:brokenheart: I am freaking out the little carbon monster. So, for the next couple of days its back to the gym for me. I will also probably go and walk a trail and do some swimming. :yawn:
  • stschulz
    16 miles today
  • PrincessLaundry
    If we all lived close together I would say something was in the water! I rode a little this morning and noticed a problem when cranking. I had to stop, take the bike into the shop and, lo and behold!, I have worn out the chain.:sad: I may have also worn out the bearings in the head. Most of this is because I have been so heavy and yet (now) so strong.:brokenheart: I am freaking out the little carbon monster. So, for the next couple of days its back to the gym for me. I will also probably go and walk a trail and do some swimming. :yawn:

That stinks...I just got mine out of the slammer...And I just noticed I have a rubbing break. I guess I'll have to fix that myself! GRRRRR!!!
  • thecarguy
    thecarguy Posts: 2 Member
    Sounds like fun! I'm already riding a couple of days a week and would like to kick it up a bit.
  • stschulz
    <
    sending box with tools to princess:devil:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'm in. I used to mountain bike 10 miles 6 days a week and have gotten away from it. I will pledge to 40 miles this week.

Thanks for the challenge.

Doug