Pool open today

FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
Today the city pools opened and I was ALL EXCITED!!! It broke me out of my blah blah blah sad slump(also you guys all helped). But round lunchtime it started POURING and STORMING!!!! I was saddened by that but it cleared up quickly leaving for intense humidity so I knew I needed to hit the pool. I also never have a gym day on fridays its my rest or fun workout day, But for some reason I didnt feel anxiety or nervous bout wearing a swimsuit in public. I mainly lap swim so I wore my racing suit. But I really felt fit there from all ages most people either were a lil plump or soft(now I have room to go but I am a work in progress) and proudly donning 2 pieces or even so sickly thin they bordered looking emaciated. I felt great with a almost solid jiggle free(just a lil jello square not a whole pan anymore) bod I felt that I looked like I am an athelete, and very fit. So I like this feeling I am glad to be out of the blues and into that blue water!!!!! Summer is here. I know that witin a month I will be able to skip around in that cute pink 2 piece I bought in a size 6 mind you!!!!!! I do need to get tanner though I am a little pasty but I will be a bikin hottie soon!!!!!

Replies

• FitJoani
    Today the city pools opened and I was ALL EXCITED!!! It broke me out of my blah blah blah sad slump(also you guys all helped). But round lunchtime it started POURING and STORMING!!!! I was saddened by that but it cleared up quickly leaving for intense humidity so I knew I needed to hit the pool. I also never have a gym day on fridays its my rest or fun workout day, But for some reason I didnt feel anxiety or nervous bout wearing a swimsuit in public. I mainly lap swim so I wore my racing suit. But I really felt fit there from all ages most people either were a lil plump or soft(now I have room to go but I am a work in progress) and proudly donning 2 pieces or even so sickly thin they bordered looking emaciated. I felt great with a almost solid jiggle free(just a lil jello square not a whole pan anymore) bod I felt that I looked like I am an athelete, and very fit. So I like this feeling I am glad to be out of the blues and into that blue water!!!!! Summer is here. I know that witin a month I will be able to skip around in that cute pink 2 piece I bought in a size 6 mind you!!!!!! I do need to get tanner though I am a little pasty but I will be a bikin hottie soon!!!!!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    You're doing great!! Enjoy the water!
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Jealous! all of our pools are indoors....which is ok...but nothing beats an outdoor pool
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Yea for you.! Doesn't it feel great to swim laps. I swim too and it's more like meditation than exercise.
  • FitJoani
    Yea for you.! Doesn't it feel great to swim laps. I swim too and it's more like meditation than exercise.
    I must say I agree it is theraputic more or less just you and the water, no pounding music, no loud insturtor, no chitter chatter, just you against nature(even if it is a pool). I love it its a GREAT feeling!!!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    I must say I agree it is theraputic more or less just you and the water, no pounding music, no loud insturtor, no chitter chatter, just you against nature(even if it is a pool). I love it its a GREAT feeling!!!

Yea, I completely clear my mind. Nothing goes through it but the number lap I'm on and an occasional song that winds through my mind. I did two miles today! I couldn't beleive it. I've been back swimming for a few weeks but I had forgotten that you have to get past the first half-mile for it to feel good. I just kept going today. I'd get to a certain number and say "ok just 5 more laps). Wow! it felt great. Must be even nicer when the pool is outdoors.

Have fun!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!