A little advice from one MFPer to Another.

lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
The Pastor's *kitten*

The Pastor entered his donkey in a race and it won. The Pastor was so pleased with the donkey that he entered it in the race again and it won again.

The local paper read:
PASTOR'S *kitten* OUT FRONT.

The Bishop was so upset with this kind of publicity that he ordered the Pastor not to enter the donkey in another race.

The next day the local paper headline read:
BISHOP SCRATCHES PASTOR'S *kitten*.
This was too much for the Bishop so he ordered the Pastor to get rid of the donkey.

The Pastor decided to give it to a Nun in a nearby convent.

The local paper, hearing of the news, posted the following headline the next day:

NUN HAS BEST *kitten* IN TOWN.

The Bishop fainted. He informed the Nun that she would have to get rid of the donkey so she sold it to a farmer for $10.

The next day the paper read:

NUN SELLS *kitten* FOR $10.

This was too much for the Bishop so he ordered the Nun to buy back the donkey and lead it to the plains where it could run wild.

The next day the headlines read:

NUN ANNOUNCES HER *kitten* IS WILD AND FREE.

The Bishop was buried the next day.

The moral of the story is . . . being concerned about public opinion can bring you much grief and misery . . even shorten your life.

So be yourself and enjoy life. Stop worrying about everyone else's *kitten* and you'll be a lot happier and live longer!

:bigsmile:

Replies

• Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    HAHAHA! Love it! And thanks for the tip. :0)
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    <3 it!!
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    :laugh:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    That was great!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    hahahahahahahah I needed a good laugh!!:laugh:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Thank you I really needet that:bigsmile:
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    I love it. I wish I could take this advice but I still feel uncomfortable exercising around people. I feel like they are thinking "Yea she needs to be walking off that weight" or "Look at that fat chick on the bike, where is the bike seat?" This is the biggest reason why I don't join a gym. Once I get to my goal weight I will be more comfortable. For now I have to force myself and try to keep to less populated areas. Damn I suck! lol
    :blushing:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    baha! LOVE IT!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LOVE IT!!!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    love it ! :o)
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    lol thank you for posting this, i needed a laugh :laugh: x
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    I love it. I wish I could take this advice but I still feel uncomfortable exercising around people. I feel like they are thinking "Yea she needs to be walking off that weight" or "Look at that fat chick on the bike, where is the bike seat?" This is the biggest reason why I don't join a gym. Once I get to my goal weight I will be more comfortable. For now I have to force myself and try to keep to less populated areas. Damn I suck! lol
    :blushing:
    My apologies to the OP for taking this off topic.

If you want to join a gym, JOIN A GYM! If you want to exercise in public, please do!

My gym just opened a few weeks ago, but I was kind of flabbergasted to discover that I'm one of the fittest lightest people there (at least at the times I go which are less popular times -- early morning, late night)! And I'm 5'4", 196.6 pounds! I'm so happy to see heavier people there. Instead of thinking something condescending, I always think "Way to take control!" and it puts a smile on my face to see people actively working toward their goals. I may come at it from a different angle than someone who's never been very big, but anyway, that's what I think about bigger people at the gym. :blushing:

I mean, it took a lot of courage for me to join in the first place because I've been very self conscious like you are now. Now I just think "screw it!" and go and do whatever I want to do there. If I'm running sprints on the treadmill and huffing and puffing so be it.. Yep, fat girl is running, get over it, move along, nothing to see here. :tongue: Doesn't bother me at all anymore. But the thing is... no one's paying attention to me anyway (except I've noticed a few creepy guys being creepy...).
  • AndreeT
    AndreeT Posts: 191
    LOL Amen Sista!! That was too funny! Well said!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Thanks for a good laugh.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • KaySaver
    KaySaver Posts: 92 Member
    Loved the joke!

And this is your life, no one lives it for you or pays your bills so you get out there and do what you want to do! You go to a gym or you go to the beach in your bathing suit! If someone has a problem with the way you look then they are the ignorant ones and they are jealous because they can't get out there and live the life your living, with all your over-weightness.

You live your life the way you want to and don't ever let anyone tell you where to sit on the bus!!!!!
  • HA!! Awesome. Thanks for the laugh....and the tip! :laugh:
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    That was extremely FTW.

Thanks for sharing!