Favorite dog Breed

MSeel1984
MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
So we just picked out a new puppy to add to our family. We are die-hard boxer people. They're cute, affectionate, loyal and goofy as hell.

What's your favorite breed and why?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Beagle, because they are absolutely adorable.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    When I was 13 I got my first puppy (a cocker spaniel)

We looked at a beagle...she was so precious, but my dad didn't want to get a beagle because they howled.

Instead we got cocker spaniels that barked...and smelled like cool ranch doritos. Egads. (they get ear infections all the time because of the heavy fur)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    My favorite breed is a Heinz 57...because they give the best kisses.
  • Alcoria
    Alcoria Posts: 167 Member
    mine is a toss-up between 3 breeds- german shepherd, rottweiler and husky
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Yorkies and Maltese...
  • nadz6012
    nadz6012 Posts: 126 Member
    Corgis!!! Cutest dogs ever
  • notaperfect10
    notaperfect10 Posts: 48 Member
    We have a weimaraner, I'm biased! Ace dogs :heart:
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Border Collie all the way!
  • Kimaw65
    Kimaw65 Posts: 74 Member
    bulldogs all the way! I have three and fostering one for Detroit Bulldog Rescue
  • Rottweilers. They have a beautiful personality. They're protective and loyal. My boy was 150 pounds. He was the sweetest thing. Let's just say I miss being able to walk at 12 midnight and taking him with me.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    I have a Yorkie so I am biased :smile: she's so good, she hardly ever yaps, doesn't bark much either. Just a big ball of affection.
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Doberman, full sized. I do love my boxer/lab, but my boyfriends Doberman has turned me on to Dobies for life!
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Corgis!!! Cutest dogs ever

tumblr_mfv6lqoYYi1s23il0o1_500.gif
    tumblr_m0148jbgzS1r8lfixo1_500.gif
    QxIPH.gif
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    All my life, the best dogs I've had have been beagles or beagle mixes. My current dog is a beagle and he is adorable...and doesn't act like a beagle. He is so laid back and has only recently begun making noises (maybe it's because he's away from the domineering personality of my parents' Jack Russel/beagle mix, but that's beside the point), but nothing that isn't adorable.

My fiance and I are talking about getting another dog after our wedding. For some reason, we keep coming to a Corgi, mainly because we've heard they are good with children. Jasper (my beagle) loves kids, so we want another dog that will also love kids, especially if/when we have some (kids, I mean).
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Chihuahua:) They are the most loving dogs and they don't crush you if they want to cuddle.
  • Luvmyhubby222
    Luvmyhubby222 Posts: 149 Member
    Don't have one. I'm a rescue kind of girl-whichever one picks me, I love (probably the reason my two doggies are 4 lbs and 85 lbs!).:tongue:
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Dogo Argentino...
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    When I was 13 I got my first puppy (a cocker spaniel)

We looked at a beagle...she was so precious, but my dad didn't want to get a beagle because they howled.

Instead we got cocker spaniels that barked...and smelled like cool ranch doritos. Egads. (they get ear infections all the time because of the heavy fur)
    Yeah my baby howls alot but he whines more than he howls :)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Huskies or German Sheps, love em both :)
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    my baby who is now 6 and called Thor

thor.jpg

martyx