Anyone still out there?

Queenofthezoo
Queenofthezoo Posts: 69 Member
I recently started MFP, and thought I would see if there are other LDS people out there.

Replies

• mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    I too would love to see this group have more chatter. Where is everyone?! I've been struggling with weigh-ins the past couple weeks. Weight keeps going down, then up. I think it's because I'm only 4 pounds from 100's, so I'm obsessing about it.
    How's everyone else doing?
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    I agree with you. Let's liven things up a little! Would anyone be up for participating in a weight loss challenge. I am thinking of starting one. Like a one month or three month challenge to lose 1lb per week and maybe focus on one specific goal. any feedback? We would record our weigh in once a week. Feel free to add me!
  • Queenofthezoo
    Queenofthezoo Posts: 69 Member
    I am a hesitant to make a specific goal like that, I still haven't quite figured out my body and what I need to do to lose weight. So my goals are ones that I feel like I can have control over. I promised myself for 6 weeks I would try this and log in every day, and develop an exercise program for myself. I am now on week 5 since I started logging in, and I am hoping to see new numbers on the scale. But I fear if I pick a specific number and then I don't make it, then I will give up.
    But I can see that the two of you have already been quite successful, so if you want to give me pointers, I am open to hearing them.
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    I am a part of another group that did weekly weigh-ins and the point of it was to lose 12 pounds in 12 weeks. Looks like the people leading it may noy coninue the group. It is almost over and i found it motivating for the most part but i can see how it can be really frustrating to put such a focus on the numbers. I like the point that queen of the zoo brought up. And i noticed in the lose 12 pounds in 12 weeks group that most of the group has dwindled off. The people that posted were the ones that were losing weight. I didn't even post last week because i had a gain. So i see how it can be discouraging. I wonder what would help and encourage people and if we have enough people to do something like this. I would just like to start a challenge either here or somewhere else on the forums that motivates and supports me and others. And it would be great if we could involve more saints (people of other faiths are welcome too). Right now i feel like we are all a little bit inactive here in this group that is :-) so i am thinking that if we did a challenge we could make it goal oriented but leave the goal open to each individual to decide and share. Any more feedback would be great!
  • I'm here and just posted another blog segment! A Mighty Change of Heart is my blog!
  • One thing that might help is to look up your 'ideal weight' calories. If you set them as your calorie allowance, you will be able to learn to eat at maintenance weight for your goal. Then, you won't be 'dieting.'

And i've found that the word of wisdom, that balance of carbs, proteins and fats is the key.

Friend me!

Peace,
    Origamimommi
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    I pop back in every now and then to see if anything new is going on..... and I love challenges and they don't always have to be weight loss..... you can have exercise so many minutes a week staying within your calorie limit doing so many of certain exercises a week...some challenges they had drinking 8 glasses a day...
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    I'm in the final 20 days of a Facebook weight loss challenge. Most of the group is LDS. It has definitely been a competition with not much support from participants, just the score keeper and the one who started the challenge. There's been a lot of trashing others, supposedly in fun and I was disappointed we won't know the other's percentages until final weigh in. So, I'm a bit reluctant to do another similar challenge. I do like Lett_c's ideas of the water and calorie counts.